Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone has done the 38r conversion from XDP??? if so which one did you use, tryin to decide what route i want to take.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, im getting ready to do bigger injectors, not sure what size yet, thinking like 150 hp or so, a big reason im needing to do the turbo is for the surge that i have in my stock one, iv been told just the new housing will fix that problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 2000 models 7.3, 6 speed manual, 4 inch turbo back mbrp exhaust, DIY intake and DP tuner chip. I was looking on strictly diesel at the swamps 200cc injectors. iv talked to a couple of guys and even thugh they are re-mans they say they are good. what do you think would be a winning combination?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking to build a truck tht can be driven daily, but still play with on the weekends. Not looking to build loads of power but have enough to hold my own. love to get close to 500 or better, if the 38r runs too hot what would be a good alternative??

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
If you want 500+..best IMO would be a set of 238 or larger Hybrids fome Cass at Full Force Diesel and Our modded H2e kit with Bellowed uppipes and IC tube..I'd also upgrade to a twin SD pump, SRP1, studs VS's Big clutch etc..we have all. PM me if I can work you up whats needed and a package deal.

Cary

·
Registered
56 Posts
ugh sorry my last post was wrong 200cc wouldnt be too hot with that we have a guy locla who is running beans 235cc hybrids and a 38r and is at almost 5. Please forgive the stupidity.
:doh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah im looking at the swamps hybrids, i may look in to that, Cary, i'll pm you in a bit and see what we can figure up, i appreciate the input guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts