Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rid of my k&n and box and stuck the 6637 on using the old k&n 4" pipe. (I already said this on another thread I know lol sorry) I used a couple zip ties (until i can get the right bracket) to keep the filter an inch or so above the fender well. Totally pumped to see how my new intake worked, I took her on a 50 mile round trip to pick up paint in a nearby town. I was disappointed to see that it didn't have the power or responsiveness that the K&N type set up did as well as stuttering and letting out more smoke than before? How can this be right? Could it be the bullydog chip screwing up with the added air flow? Could it just be the 95 degree day here in Eastern WA? I'm pretty annoyed with myself and the 50 bucks i just spent for the set up haha any help would be VERY appreciated- if a pic is needed for a better evaluation I can do that too. Thanks

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Just let the filter rest on the inner fender... it's not going to hurt a damn thing. I think your problems with power are just a coincidence and not because of the filter.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
are the tunes you have custom?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not custom tunes sadly, just talking to Matt from Gearhead performance about reburning the BD chip. I'm going to chalk it up to coincidence like you say and re-evaluate with better conditions and a custom tune

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Go back over everything and make sure you didn't bump something or leave something unhooked and go from there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I kept everything but the airbox factory when i did it an just cut a peice of 4 inch exhaust tubing to about 6 inches and bought a constant torque clamp and clamped everything together. my filter is just resting against my fuse box and the wheel well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts