Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 6637 Wix filter from filter1.com and managed to get air filters for all three of my cars for the price that O'Reilly's wanted for just the 6637 so I was pretty happy about that.

The part that's holding me down is getting that 4" piece of pipe that I need to put the new filter on and I'm having no luck. Called all the parts store local and no one has any 4" inch on hand. Tried home depot for a piece of PVC but they only have 3.5 or 4.5 inch OD.

So this is when I called the muffler shop because I know they have some on hand. Guy on the phone literally said it would be twenty bucks for four inches of 4" pipe. So because I'm frustrated thought I'd just share this so someone else can shake their head at the high cost of a little exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I got a 4" aluminum 45* on ebay and cut it to fit. Worked great and looked great too.

·
live for the now
2,435 Posts
get rid of the whole platic hose and get the 45* bend 4" mandrel bent pipe from summit racing for same price. then you will need a band clamp.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it taken care of, found a foot of it for 5 bucks, just had to vent a little about how difficult this EASY mod was being.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts