Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all.
Want to change the fluid in my new to me truck. It is a 03 F350 7.3 6spd manual 4x4 dually.

What fluid do you recomend for it and should I use any additives. Also whats the capacity?
Any recomendation on the transfer case would be great also.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
think it takes regular atf, fluid type and capacities should be in your owners manual

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
It takes regular ATF I think Mercon V. I put Royal Purple ATF in my former 00 and it seemed to shift smoother, Gear changing seemed to slide into place better. :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. Thanks for the help.
I would look in the owners manual if I had one but since truck was a repo when I bought it no maual to be found.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I have one regular ATF for the ZF6

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the help.
I would look in the owners manual if I had one but since truck was a repo when I bought it no maual to be found.
Thanks again.
You should use Mercon V for both the tranny and transfer case. Not sure of the capacity of the manual tranny because I have a atuo, but my transfer case takes about 2 quarts.

I use AMSOIL products for all my lube needs. I think they really make a difference, but I am a little biased too. I am a dealer. Because of their extended drain capabilities you don't have to worry about changing fluids so often either. If you want a little more info, PM me I would be glad to shoot you some product info.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
If I remember correctly there is a ton more fluid in the ZF6 vs the ZF5. Something like 12-16 quarts, it cost me a good penny when I put the royal purple in my old truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts