Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think, stock low/granny gear then 2nd thru 5th would be the same as auto tranny. and 6th be like a .50 overdrive. would be awsome for cruising 70 plus down the highway. and you still have 5th which would be a .71 overdrive for pulling and 4th, 1.1 for the really heavy loads. or you could have 4.30 or up gears

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking it would be a nice set up for our trucks, drop in rpms for the highway and still have other gears to tow with

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that would be pretty interesting

·
Registered
601 Posts
how about hooking to 6spds together and having like 36gears:nod:
o ya and add the transfercase on top of that:thumb:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
youd probly go insane trying to shift that everyday

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Try googling...

Gearvendor overdrive/underdrive unit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know about all the overdrive units, im just saying that it would have been nice to a double overdrive 6 speed option on a new truck

·
Registered
738 Posts
well an overdrive unit would give you a double over in 6th at a .56 ratio. normal 6th is about the same ratio as the 4r100 overdrive(.71), 4th over would be 1.03, 5th over would be .78. All this for just $3300

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
well an overdrive unit would give you a double over in 6th at a .56 ratio
That's what I was getting at....

·
Registered
601 Posts
well an overdrive unit would give you a double over in 6th at a .56 ratio. normal 6th is about the same ratio as the 4r100 overdrive(.71), 4th over would be 1.03, 5th over would be .78. All this for just $3300
with the millage improvement you would only have to drive 156,522,107miles before it paid for itself:doh:

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
with the millage improvement you would only have to drive 156,522,107miles before it paid for itself:doh:
That's kinda my thinking on it too. It would be nice if someone made different ratios to install in the tranny.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats what im saying, instead of spending 3300, it would be nice to change the ratios in the tranny

·
Registered
601 Posts
could play with the rearend ratio too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts