Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I am either losing my mind and it is all in my head but I think I have some sort of problem with the truck in my signature, I have all of the mods listed and my SCT stays on a Wild Looney from DJ's... I was messing around with a new Escalade earlier tonight and never got a 4wd launch or even a slight boosted 2wd launch but I never could catch what appeared to me to be a completely stock Escalade... We went at 2 or 3 times and he pulled on me every time. I though my truck was quicker than that and the way a bunch of guys on here talk with the same mods blowing 35"+ tires away it really makes me wonder, I can't even break mine loose unless I launch in 2wd...

Sorry for the long post, it just has me baffled.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
YUP,, something wrong in that picture. Wonder if OBC over rode SCT tune:dunno: And you should be breaking tires.
I break 37's at times running stock tune

·
Registered
221 Posts
:popcorn2:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OBC?? I am pretty sure the Looney is acting right because when I get on it I POUR coal!! I have 5 other 6.0's around here with 2)BullyDogs 2)Edge's 1)6-gun and nobody can compare to my smoke... But I have beaten the 04 with and Edge but lost to the 03 with a BD and the 05 with Banks...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ummm, if I am in drive and start to boost up in 2wd I can feel it lock in REAL hard. ( I hope it is the TC )

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
That was just my first guess sounds like you are getting the fuel but not getting it to the ground. My friends truck when you would flog the chit out oh it it would hit the rev limiter because the tranny and tc was so bad. He got a new tranny and tc and it was like a brand new truck. It acctually would go somewhere when you hit the throttle instead of blowing smoke and making noise

·
Registered
221 Posts
Could you hear if the Escalade had a forced air induction on it? You would have to listen becuase he could bury it under the hood :dunno:

·
4,488 Posts
Somethings wrong somewhere.
Buddy of mine has a new GMC Denali with the 6.2 liter and six speed auto and I can kick his azz with DJs tow tune.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
try removing and reloading the tune. se if that helps, or maybe try what i sent you in the PM. it worked wonders for my tunes.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya I am going to try what you sent me, I was wondering myself if the truck was charged or something and I had my window down and I couldn't hear any give aways and it looked BONE stock...

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
the sleeper gotchya. lol fwiw, if i'm rolling any faster than 10mph or so I can't break them loose. 10mph or under and I punch it, truck is sideways. There is no way in hell my truck could break them loose while stock.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
My truck has the hardest time spinning the tires powerbraking while stock.
Correction. My truck can't even spin the tires on dry pavement. Tried it today in front of my Chevy friend. Well he got in front of me and roasted his tires and he was probably going 15mph when he started to spin them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
wow thats odd.

my dads 6.0 can peel out at the lights on stock tune leaves a good strip of rubber.

all he has is a 4inch after cat and a intake.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
sounds liek you might have a power issue if you cant break the tires loose. but if it was a brand new escalade they come stock with a 300 hp engineand dont have the wieght to move that you do.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts