Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm going to get my stack today...I'm doing a single mitre cut set-up. I'll probably go with the 7" stack, but as always i'm curious to hear what any of you may say on the subject...What do you think, 6" or 7"??

later

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has any opinion on this?

I'd like to hear at least one. :shrug:

later

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
6" looks good and appropriate. Not too small yet not pencil stacks.

My neighbor has 7" aussie stacks and it makes his truck look like he is compensating for something.....:hehe:

Just my observation on the subject.

FWIW, I have a single 5" and it has no backpressure. I am sure if it since I have an adaptor I made that is broken and there is no soot around it. It has been that way since February.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks strokin, i'm thinking that only 1 7" stack wouldn't look too ridiculous, thats what i'm doing...only 1. they don't have the 6 in stock and can't get one till friday. Unfortunately i'm an immediate gratification type...so i'll probly buy the 7" today, cause its in stock. :shrug:

Hope it's not too big looking. :doh:

later

·
Registered
466 Posts
a diesel shop near me now sell 8' stacks. they are huge!

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Single 7" looks cool. A lot of guys around here run a single miter in the center of the bed.

·
Registered
999 Posts
i like either but im worried about the noise as i travel alot and cruz at or above 2 g's

Matt

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

Ok,
I really wanted the 6", and was only going to buy the 7"($200 more than the 6") because they had it in stock that reduced to a 5". When I got there they had a 6" straight pipe. So I bought that and went to the international dealer(again) to get the reducer and clamps I needed to make the straight 6"(not reduced to 5") work.

Well I got the stack installed yesterday when I got home...about 2 1/2 hours fighting the rain and by myself. Really could have used an extra set of hands, but what are you going to do? Anyway, it's in. I'm really glad I went with the 6 instead of 7, the 7 looked cool, but I am not trying to be obnoxious, or giving the h/s kids around here the idea that I am in the "mine is bigger" competition.:hehe:

It sounds Awesome. Almost too loud for a DD. I know, I know...:supergay:
My first thought when I took it for a ride was, i'm taking this stupid thing off, this is obnoxious. I love the way it sounds so i'm going to leave it on for a while and get used to it. We'll see.

I don't have any pics of the install as it was raining on and off, but here are some pics of the finished product. Let me know what you think...I put it all together myself for about $300. I f anyone wants a list of everything I used, let me know...It's easy to do.

later

This next one is my favorite. :approve:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Looks awesome man especially the smoke pic, I wouldnt mind a list of all the parts you used if you dont mind pming me it or something

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah man i'll just post it up here later today. receipts are in the truck and it's raining out and i'm tired. but i'll get it after I get some sleep. :D

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
looks good chris. :thumb:

·
Registered
601 Posts
if you had another one identical to it on the other side it would be SICK, obnoxious of course but still really nice
good job

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was trying to keep it clean and somewhat unique...

Thanks guys!

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the list of what I used-

From the local Chrome shop at the truck stop:

All SS-
6" x 48" mitre cut stack ~ $151.27
6" band clamp ~ $18.99
6" KW braket clamp(to attach it to the bed) ~ $32.74

From my local International dealer:

All Aluminized-
6"-5" reducer ~ $18.99
5"-4" reducer ~ $12.32
4"-3.5" reducer ~ $10.93
5" elbow ~ $28.37
2' of 4" flexible exhaust pipe ~ $9.38
2 x 5" stepped exhaust clamps ~ $19.72(for both)
1 x 4" stepped exhaust clamp ~ $9.42
1 x 4" flat exhaust clamp ~ $8.83
1 x 3.5" stepped exhaust clamp ~ $8.83

I think that is everything...
Grand total ~ $329.79

hope this helps someone...

later

·
Registered
999 Posts
theres a guy selling them for $100 a stack i think went 6 to 5 so u can knock $90 of that total cause u want need this 6"-5" reducer ~ $18.99

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah I hadn't planned on getting the straight pipe, I wanted the one that reduced to 5", but they didn't have any in stock and I wanted it that day...So I bought the straight one and went back to International to get the reducer for it.

Still way cheaper than anyone else making them for you i think.

later

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Looks good, exactly what I'm doing, but I'm only using the a 5" x 36"... I'll have two and when I get an inbed kit I might switch over to dual stacks.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah for me the 48" worked better because I didn't have to use an 's' pipe at all. The 36" just wasn't high enough for me. I can always take the stack off, and cut alittle off of the bottom to lower it if I want to. I may, cause right now it's about 2-3 inches too high.

we'll see. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts