Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6.0 is smoking like crazy. Cleaned the EGR...still no improvement. I can sometimes push the pedle to the floor and there is no action from the motor. When it does drive the tranny shifts really strange and smoke is pouring ou tthe rear pipe.
It is also hard to satrt for abou three attempts....then it starts fine, but smoke is pouring out the backk all the time. Turbo was recently re-built and intercooler hoses are new and tight.

Any ideas??

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
x2 on the color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smells like it is really rich. I am almost positive there is no water leaking or a bad head gasket. The pipe is dry as a bone at the end, but looks pretty black inside. The EGR was nice and clean as it was replaced a few months back.When at idle it seem like I am down a cylinder, if I take it out and run the crap out of it it does not smoke until I let the gas off. It is almost like it is loading up. It also will sometimes just stop running when driving down the street. The rpm falls right off and the glow plug light and water come on. I have to back off the throttle wait for the lights to go out and it is fine again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am experiencing the same problems with my truck, I've dropped it off at the dealer... I'll let you know what they find.

·
Registered
597 Posts
what year truck? Any codes?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The truck is an 03 6.0 no codes.
I spoke with the dealer yesterday and it turned out to be #6 injector is intermittent. The tech said it would start to work then it would stop, he drove it around for an hour. I am going to tackle this repair on my own as I can't justify payin close to 700.00 for this repair. I will make a new thread for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts