Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been cruising the forums now for a couple hours taking in as much information as possible about lifting my already 6" lifted PSD (unsure of lift brand) another 1.5-2" without compromising functionality. After reading through 4295 pages of information, it really seems like a crap-shoot as to if it is a "good" or "bad" idea to add a shackle lift... :banging: Not only this, but the posts are some years old, so I'm wondering if within the past few years any new knowledge/ideas/advice as to whether it is "good" or "bad" idea have developed.

JUST ordered NITTO Mud Grappler 37s (which were more like 38s) and of course when I went to put them on, they didn't fit :doh: . They rubbed the rear wheel-well and ate the front bumper by an inch. Long story short, ended up putting same tires on in a 35" and my buddy said next time to do a shackle lift.

IMO, these 35s look kinda dinky on my PSD. Thoughts and ideas??? :help:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Your posting in the OBS section, now the super duty section. Just fyi. But I have a 6" lift and 35's and I think it looks good, but 37's would probably look MUCH better. Thats just too much tire for me, and will rob too much power/mileage for what I need. I just got super beefy 35's and they go thru everything JUST fine.

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah sorry, I also have a 93 OBS IDI and forgot to switch over... :taze: Guess I can't delete it LOL

·
Registered
463 Posts
my buddy has a 7" lift with 37s and it looks super good, couldnt tell you what lift or anything though. his sister has a 9" lift with 37's and the tires look too small

1 - 4 of 4 Posts