Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys hi there, as you can see i am new to the forums but not fords or diesels in general for that matter.
Anyway i just picked up a 08 f350 (i'll put some pics up.) i sold my 06 chevy duramax and got this, LOVE IT!!!!

Besides the fact that i need to de-chrome it and white everything out, i am trying to replace my shocks to something a little better and better looking, i really like the fox with ressi and similar brands like that, do any of you have suggestions and possibly fitting measurments you can share with me and head me in the right direction. i am not even sure what kind of lift it is to be honest with you but i will post some pics and some of you vets will know i am sure. :)

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Icon, Bilstein, King, etc.. all make very nice shocks....depending on the look you want, and your budget.

We sell them all, let me know if you need any help.

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
^What he said. Best bang for your buck would be the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you guys think about the 5150's? I really like the look but do those fit in the front in betweeen the coil and frame?

·
Registered
676 Posts
What do you guys think about the 5150's? I really like the look but do those fit in the front in betweeen the coil and frame?
I think I read somewhere that those were made for a different application than a coil spring and shock pair..... Dont quote me on that tho... May just look into that....

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
#5150 will not have the correct valving for the front. You would need to get #7100 to have that. We can get you the correctly valved Bilsteins. Measure the installed length of your shocks..we don't go bu the guide books as to many times its incorrect and we want you to get the correct fitment.

Cary

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front installed is 24"
Rear installed is 30"
What valving is needed on the front and rear?
Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts