Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4" exhaust and I am thinking about from the axle back doing 6" piping. So I would have about 26" of exhaust piping. Heres what I am doing. 4-5" adapter,5-6"adapter,1 foot of 6" pipe then to a 45 degree for the exit pipe. I haven't seen anyone else do this and I want something different. Give me some opinions whether you hate it or love it. I think it will look/sound sick. I am getting all my piping from Dynaflex Chrome Muffler Stacks | Chrome Stacks | Rubber Intake Elbows | Donaldson Mufflers

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I know some dodge's can have a 6'' kit all the way back. Never really saw a Ford with anything more than 5''.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know some dodge's can have a 6'' kit all the way back. Never really saw a Ford with anything more than 5''.
I didn't even know they made a 6" exhaust for anything.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Finding pipe, clamps, anything in 6" is a b!tch and a half... BUT... both my buddy and I had 4-5-6 single pipes and they sounded MEAN. 4" DP, then the rest of the pipe was 3/4 of the way 5" and then 6" for the last 1/4 of the pipe and the tailpipe. His dumped out in back like normal, mine dumped out on the side in front of the rear wheel well. I always wanted to do duals on it, and will on the next truck (which should be coming soon).

·
Registered
800 Posts
Waste...You could run 3 into 3.5 into 4 and make more power.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If we were talking about a gas burner, maybe... but our engines have enough backpressure with the turbo and the downpipe alone that exhaust shouldn't really matter.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would I even bother to run 3" or 3.5" pipe? I have a full 4" turbo back. I lost my tip going down the road a while back:rofl::doh: and I am just now getting around to doing something about it. My tip ran from the edge of the fender on the bed all the way back to my axle.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why would I even bother to run 3" or 3.5" pipe? I have a full 4" turbo back. I lost my tip going down the road a while back:rofl::doh: and I am just now getting around to doing something about it. My tip ran from the edge of the fender on the bed all the way back to my axle.
Damn, that's a big tip lol. Why'd it fall off?... was it not welded?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, that's a big tip lol. Why'd it fall off?... was it not welded?
It was clamped on and my hanger bolts came lose and the hanger fell off and slowly the tip came off...hahahaha:hehe:It was actually a stack that was about 28" long that I used for a tip
Here is a picture

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
im thinkin about runnin a second pipe over to the driverside just for the sound haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts