Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering. im looking at a 86 f350 with a banks intake and banks turbo kit. i dont know much about the 6.9 but how reliable are they? and will this thing move out of its own way or would i be better to wait? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yeah, those ole trucks are pretty reliable. It sounds like a fun toy to me. As far as speed.....there not the quickest but they pull strong.

Is it a stick or auto?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Cool, looks like a fun truck! It'll probably be a dog with those 40's but fun to play with. Not sure where you're from but the price seems a little high.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im in michigan. i have an old truck im guna see if he wants to trade. i have some axles i can put under it with 4.30 and hopefully 4.88s or 5.13s soon. what trans would the thing have? a 3 speeed?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yeah it should have a 3 speed C6. These are cheap to rebuild, easy to come by!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i have one sittin in my trailer. is there any aftermarket support for these motors or should i hold off? my dads 7.3 is fun to drive and i wana fun to drive truck. haha. id be gettn rid of my bronco with 12inches of lift for it to so that makes a big diff in what i do.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I don't think your gonna get big HP out of it but with the banks turbo it already has plus I think you can turn up the fuel pump you outta be able to have fun with it. With the naturally aspirated motor you are limited to aftermarket products.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a guy i know has a complete new turbo and wastegate from a 7.3. can i swap that in there? i dont know much about the banks kit.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
If it's been well maintained 300k to 500k is not uncommon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts