Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 all stock 6.7. I’ve noticed when towing my 4K pound boat above 75mph, when I step on it to pass there doesn’t seem to be as much “pep” or snap and the mph slowly climb. Going up a good incline other day I really saw it when passing a semi, it took awhile to get to 85. Is this normal? When not towing it’s got plenty of go and snap, even at slower speeds and towing. Several friends keep saying just delete it and put a H&S on it you’ll never look back

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I have 2013 all stock 6.7. I’ve noticed when towing my 4K pound boat above 75mph, when I step on it to pass there doesn’t seem to be as much “pep” or snap and the mph slowly climb. Going up a good incline other day I really saw it when passing a semi, it took awhile to get to 85. Is this normal? When not towing it’s got plenty of go and snap, even at slower speeds and towing. Several friends keep saying just delete it and put a H&S on it you’ll never look back

Not normal. Even my 7.3 hauls *** with 15k behind it. Yours should be able to do that but 100x better. Listen to your friends.

Edit - when I say hauls ***, I’m only going 65-70. No where near 80. Too fast for towing a mild load. LoL jokes on me!

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Actual picture of @DieselDC's 7.3

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hahah actually it’s a beat up POS with 160/30. Tows well but no where near as nice as the newer 6.7. I used my buddies dually to tow a 20k load while going up a 5% grade(Route I use all the time) and damn, no power loss at all. Ford really did a great job on the 6.7 motor.

—————signature—————

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Stock it should haul that without a problem. Deleted and chipped much better for reliability stand point. I can’t say what’s wrong with your truck b/c I don’t know much about the 6.7 but I know my 7.3 is a turd and yours is king on the road when it comes to towing gcvw. My only guess is dpf clogged and no power? Fuel issues?

It’s only 4K you’re pulling. My tundra pulls an 8k dumpster with authority: anything more it’s a dog. My srw 7.3 laughs at my tundra.

Buddies 6.7 is an 11 fully deleted dually. Puts all my 7.3 (4 of them) to shame. I can pull what he pulls but his truck just does it with creature comforts and 100x better. Now if only I have his six speed auto.

—————signature—————

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts
11-14 6.7s are known to have turbo failures around the 100k mark. Not saying thats it, but 4k is nothing and should not even be noticable back there. There has to be somthing wrong. More diag would be needed.

·
Registered
866 Posts
There is a definite reduction in felt power during a regen.
If it only does it sometimes then I would suspect it to be regen related. Do you have a monitor(i.e. edge cts/cts2, torque pro, forscan, etc) that can tell you when a regen is occurring, sensor readings and such?

Was this wide open throttle, foot to the wood? Did it down shift, or stay in 6th gear?

Any idea what your oil temps where? Engine reduces power at EOT +145°F but I think it keeps power reduced until it cools off? A few folks have had issue with the upper oil pan, but with heavier loads.

I can tell when I'm towing my 5th wheel camper, I litterally cannot tell when I'm towing my boat. I had an axle snap on my boat trailer once and if I had not had my window down and heard the screech BANG I wouldn't have known anything happened.

·
Registered
866 Posts
11-14 6.7s are known to have turbo failures around the 100k mark. Not saying thats it, but 4k is nothing and should not even be noticable back there. There has to be somthing wrong. More diag would be needed.

I thought the failures where more 11-12 because of the ceramic bearings? Not as much 13-14, didn't they go back to the single sequential turbo for 17+?

I do like the smooth linear power of the turdblow on my 12, but I also liked my 6.0 and my Subarus that all shart the bed on me more than once....

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts
I thought the failures where more 11-12 because of the ceramic bearings? Not as much 13-14, didn't they go back to the single sequential turbo for 17+?

I do like the smooth linear power of the turdblow on my 12, but I also liked my 6.0 and my Subarus that all shart the bed on me more than once....
11-14 turbos are all the same. 2015 they went back to a 61mm single plane design very similar to the 6.0s. Its much more reliable and doesn't have the WG. I just finished the retrofit on my 14 last saturday. So much better now. Will see how it does friday when i hook to my TH. Should be about 12k+.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts