Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This truck will definately grow on me...but does anyone else think this motor is louder than they thought it would be? Good thing I think...I just personally think you should HEAR a diesel engine. Anyway, looks good, sounds good, can't wait to win the lottery so I can buy one in a few years. HAHH

YouTube - 2011 Ford Super Duty

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
It sounded good when it started!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA..Ford's 2011 Super Duty site actually has a link to the .org on it!

·
Registered
317 Posts
This truck will definately grow on me...but does anyone else think this motor is louder than they thought it would be? Good thing I think...I just personally think you should HEAR a diesel engine. Anyway, looks good, sounds good, can't wait to win the lottery so I can buy one in a few years. HAHH
Thats why I live my 'ol 7.3, it rattles and clangs and bangs. Sounds like a true diesel engine.:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts

YouTube - 2011 Ford Super Duty
What, louder than supposed to be?

Sounds like a gas truck, a diesel pick up should be louder than that.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
At least give it some turbo whistle

·
Registered
577 Posts
The pilot injection system makes it run quiet, there is a vid of the 6.7 running with out it and it sounds like a 7.3 ideling. The injectors and fuel rails are of the outside like the d-max so with custom tunes and I'm sure the pilot injection system will be turned off it should sound like an old diesel. I know when I run my 585 tune it sounds like a pissed off 7.3.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
i thought it was hideous at first but its already growing on me, must be that it still has a ford logo on it :icon_ford:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like it so far but boy did they put a load behind it or wat:hehe:,my mustang could pull that trailer

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I like it so far but boy did they put a load behind it or wat:hehe:,my mustang could pull that trailer
haha thats kinda what i was thinking. i really hope that was a "weighted" trailer. but anyways i liked everything but that grille really hope that they have some different options to pick from..

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
looks and sounds good to me... but I won't be buying one for another 10 years or soo...:hehe:

·
Registered
180 Posts
It sounded a little bit like a 6.0 from what I heard. They didn't leave it running long or pop the hood. I like a nice, loud growl. Wish I'd never got rid of my 7.3.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Perfect truck.

I bet that into pricing will be around 55K bucks though. haha

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
It sounded a little bit like a 6.0 from what I heard. They didn't leave it running long or pop the hood. I like a nice, loud growl. Wish I'd never got rid of my 7.3.
sounds nothing like my 6.0, maybe a 6.4

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i like the rumble of the older diesels, 7.3's, 6.0's, 12v & 24 v's. however with all the blow your doors off power the new "quiet" diesels make i think i can handle the quietness!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts