Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss has a 2011 F250 King Ranch. I've never liked Ford, but this truck is pretty bad ***. About a month ago, my not liking Ford feelings got even stronger. The truck is at 25,xxx miles and has been sitting in the dealer for more than a month now. He's had it for a couple months now, at 1,000 miles they had to replace the fuel pump because it was making some really weird sounds. We noticed that it was saying water in fuel too often, was using too much DEF and was shifting really hard. A little more than a month ago, we we're pulling up to a light and the truck shook like it had a misfire and shut off. He tried starting it and it would just crank. we drained the water, took off the batteries and still nothing. We had it towed to the dealer. A couple days later, they advised that they took a fuel sample and it smelled like alcohol. They sent the sample to be analyzed and said it was OK and that Ford had authorized to have the fuel pump replaced, again, clean the fuel lines and replace injectors, which needed the cab to be lifted. Today I get a call from the dealer, he advised me that when they started taking things apart to replace them, they noticed the fuel water separator, lines, injectors, manifold were all rusted. He said when parts are rusted like that, FORD doesn't cover anything and the bill would be out of pocket (right around $12,000). Let's say my boss is NOT HAPPY after paying a little more than $65,000 for this truck. The dealer is going to be getting a nice call from a lawyer very soon. Sorry for making this so long, but I can't believe FORD will not stand behind it's product. The truck has had an oil change with fuel filters every 3,000 miles, as soon as it says fuel in water, its drained. This is his truck.

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
Does this truck have a bullydog tuner or just a stupidly huge bullydog emblem on the passenger fender for the hell of it?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Something is missing from this. And the rust.....whats that about?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Maybe your Boss has a ex-employee with a revenge problem! heard of this before! or bad fuel stations or if you fill from a bulk tank! I would not want to pay for a truck that has water the fuel system! that's not fords fault!!!!

Reactions: 05krsd

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to the dealer it's from too much water in the diesel. What my boss is pissed at is that FORD doesn't stand by it's product. If the sensor on the separator went bad and wasn't reading the water in fuel level correctly it should have given a code or something. The truck has had diesel from gas stations like any other truck in it since the day it got delivered. Never mistreated, towed light trailers every once in a while. Diesels are supposed to be the toughest things out there, at 25,xxx miles, it shouldn't need a $12,xxx repair, specially since the Scorpion engine was tested so much. I was looking around the site and see people all sorts of problems with them. I understand it's a first year truck on the road, but if it's been tested so much, it should be close to bullet proof. Unless they had all sorts of failures while testing them and never fixed any of the problems.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I smell a troll.

Reactions: Arhaifa

·
Registered
562 Posts
I really don't see how the truck has been running properly if there has been enough water in it to rust everything.:dunno:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My boss and I were talking about that today. If there was enough water in the system to rust parts in such a short time, some sort of sign should've showed up. Last time we did an oil change on it, we noticed the frame mounted filter was dirtier than the other times, and there was a slight ticking noise from the engine.

·
Premium Member
13,243 Posts
You live in Florida..... Salt Water all around... Salt water or salt in the air + bare metal will equal rust.. Don't see why Ford wont repair under warranty. Something definitely smells fishy here.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
If you have rust in the fuel system HOW is that Fords problem and why should they pay for it? call your insurance company

seperator not adequate? You won't win that battle, the 6.7 water seperator is huge and it's your responsibility to drain it whether the wif light is on or not. you say the truck isn't mistreated but you're obviously getting bad fuel from somewhere. bulletproof?! water is not a lubricant, nothing can withstand water in place of a lubricant

the ticking noise is a TSB and a normal condition

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The rust is inside the fuel system. I'm guessing there was too much condensation inside the fuel tank and it transferred through the fuel lines, manifold and injectors. Oh, when we first took the truck to the dealer, they told me they needed to remove the cab and were going to replace the engine, then they said they were going to remove the cab and replace the fuel pump and injectors, and now its the rust in the system. I think they are guessing and would rather have him pay out of pocket.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.