·
Registered
2,023 Posts
weird lookin

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Looks like a b!tch to work on.

Aluminum heads? now I cant make fun of duramaxs.

Dual turbos again :woot:

egr:(

reverse flow heads...interesting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I will give it a year if the job 1's do decent I will trade my 03 in on one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sounds like the guys in white ties are making another engine that looks good on paper but when a real live consumer drives it its gonna be another 6.0 debut nightmare. interested.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
whats with the gas cap on the dully bump?

other wise it looks the same
That exterior was just a 08 with the hood bigger and overhanging the grill in order to fit the 6.7. That is not the real exterior of the 2011 trucks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The extra cap is for the urea tank. And as if the engine bay wasnt crouded enough.

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
sounds like the guys in white ties are making another engine that looks good on paper but when a real live consumer drives it its gonna be another 6.0 debut nightmare. interested.
na i think it will be a good engine with a lot of potential

That exterior was just a 08 with the hood bigger and overhanging the grill in order to fit the 6.7. That is not the real exterior of the 2011 trucks.
i figured that on the hood part. while back ago. just ford tryin to hide it on what the truck is :rofl:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it just me or is the air filter up by the firewall black as eff??

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Wow, that thing is crowded as hell. Hope they make some changes on that!!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Im not complaining about it because Itll be cheaper to keep fixin up my current trucks. Unfourntally every year they pack the engine compartment tighter and tighter but man oh man when is enough enogh? Im upset to see he 6.4 go since they got it tuned in but as a great song says....Time marches on...

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Im not complaining about it because Itll be cheaper to keep fixin up my current trucks. Unfourntally every year they pack the engine compartment tighter and tighter but man oh man when is enough enogh? Im upset to see he 6.4 go since they got it tuned in but as a great song says....Time marches on...
I will be one of the 6.4 owners that sticks with the 6.4 and continues on with the building :nod:

·
Registered
84 Posts
So, I guess my '05 powerstroke is now a keeper???

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
So, I guess my '05 powerstroke is now a keeper???
Not necessarily....That truck will put down more horsepower stock than a SCT tuned 6.0 :nod:

And the fact that Spartan already knows what to expect means they will have that thing putting down some insane power pretty early :woot:

·
Banned
203 Posts
Not necessarily....That truck will put down more horsepower stock than a SCT tuned 6.0 :nod:

And the fact that Spartan already knows what to expect means they will have that thing putting down some insane power pretty early :woot:
WTF are you talking about....:hehe: If the 6.7 is 390 HP that would be around 320-340 to the ground. A SCT tuned 6.0 will put over 400 to the ground easy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts