Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi have a 2011 6.7 with 108,000 miles and just recently did some engine work and while changing the belt I checked all the pulleys for noise and wear. I replace both idler pulleys and the tensioner at the same time and notice that the water pump had a small amount of end play, maybe 16th of an inch. No leaking, noise, up, down and or sideways movement. Should I be concern and plan on replacing it?

·
Administrator
30,803 Posts
missed the OP's question

the 1/16 end play is not a problem

but if I had a 108,000 mile WP in my hand would i reuse it ?
probably not

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed if I had it out I wouldn't try to reuse it. I am having a smell of antifreeze around the top of the radiator but cant locate any leaks. My concern it that the primary radiator has a minor leak so small that it cant be seen. I have put both the primary and secondary under pressure in vehicle and can only come up with a smell around the top of the primary radiator. All that said I may need to pull the primary out and test it by it's self and if I am doing that I'll replace the water pump at the same time....it sounds like the 2011 are prone to failure anyway. Any thoughts on what the coolant smell could be coming from?

·
Administrator
30,803 Posts
I am not sure if/where the common failure points are on the 6.7 cooling

maybe someone else will jump in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts