Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Made In America
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone throw some stacks on their 6.7 yet? Im really considering it. Im thinking about going with a black tip given the color of my truck and im thinking of killing all the chrome on my truck and blacking out. Never ran stacks before so anything i need to be aware of doing so on the 6.7? Any tips or suggestions? :dunno: also if someone has 6.7 pic with stacks that would be super, thanks!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Can't help with install instructions but here's a sweet pic of a stacked 6.7 on the road one of my buddies took. Hope it helps a bit

Attachments

·
Made In America
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice, do you know about the stack heights? Sadly my truck is in OH and i am in CA, im ordering everything before i go pick her up. Id like the height that is just at or slightly above the cab.

·
Made In America
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Not sure about heights. Call the people before you buy them from them. You can also get filter-back stacks if you're concerned about your warranty. Check out XDP they are byfar the cheapest sellers of big name exhaust systems. Banks, MBRP, etc.

·
Made In America
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay, now my question is where exactly is the dpf in relation to where the 90 will be going into the bed? The reason i ask is will i need a delete pipe along with this? or is it aft of where the 90 is and will be deleted anyhow.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why do this? Also, I thought modding the truck would void the warranty? I would wait for that to expire if you can.

·
Made In America
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My truck bro...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wasnt slamming, just wondering if you had a reason, like it addes 30 hp, lets you mud bog in 4 feet deep water, just looks/sounds better???

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Filter back stacks shouldn't void the warranty, I don't know how much they'll add to the sound though as I'm sure the filter takes out a lot of it.

·
Made In America
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no the dpf is going

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I could put on stacks and not void the warranty I would do it, just want to know the benefits? I guess if you drop the dpf that's a start right there.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Props for doing that. I could never do it I love my warranty too much lol. The benefits are pretty much aesthetic unless you're deleting, then it will make your truck basically bulletproofed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry about your pen....

Hmm, maybe can't say that here.

Um....why? Other than 'my truck bro'

If you want a peterbuilt why not buy a peterbuilt?

I think they are just about the douchiest thing that can be done to a truck.

But, that's just me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry about your pen....

But, that's just me.

Agreed. There is an entire thread on Pirate4x4 dedicated to "Gay Diesel Rice". My experience is that every guy with stacks, 23s, white rim sunglasses, and stupid rear window stickers is a former lowered Honda Civic driver with the fart can exhaust. You want to ruin the bed so you can pretend to be a Peterbilt? What a joke. I guess they need to make another Fast and Furious movie.

I wonder how long it's going to be before the police start pulling over the big gay trucks with stacks "rolling coal" for emissions, just like the Hondas and Acuras street racing 10 years ago.

Btw, when you see someone snapping a picture of you in your gay-looking truck with smoke stacks, it's probably going on Pirate.

For reading purposes: Diesel trucks-the ricers of the future. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry about your pen....

But, that's just me.
it's 'Peterbilt' - not some truck that Peter built.

but that's just you.

welcome to the Org... and thanks for outing yourself as a troll within your first 20 posts. helps the rest of us just skim over whatever else you decide to share.

Reactions: bryangoody
1 - 20 of 26 Posts