Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, good to be here. Hope everyone is doing well right now. I’ve posted once in another thread but missed this one. I recently have deleted my 2019 6.7 and have been trying some different tcm tunes. I tried the oem shift points with raised line presser but seemed to short shift. Then tried the medium shift points. It now shifts around 1800-2000 rpm rather than 1400. This should cause any wear and tear on the trans should it?

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,098 Posts
first and second gear are quick shifts if you arent in tow haul.

shifting at higher rpms is typical if you are in tow/haul or youre getting on the skinny pedal.

gonna need to know more about how you are driving the truck when it shifts at XX point and also what tuner are you using?

the 6R140 also has a learning phase everytime you reprogram it so you gotta wait that out as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first and second gear are quick shifts if you arent in tow haul.

shifting at higher rpms is typical if you are in tow/haul or youre getting on the skinny pedal.

gonna need to know more about how you are driving the truck when it shifts at XX point and also what tuner are you using?

the 6R140 also has a learning phase everytime you reprogram it so you gotta wait that out as well.
I’m running provendiesel tunes through ezlynk. Right now it’s a sotf 0-200 hp tune. The tcm tune I’m running is a medium shift point with added line pressure. I can tell the more I drive the smoother it gets. Right now the hardest shift is going in to 6th at 2k rpm. I haven’t towed with it yet since deleted, so this is just normal driving.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,098 Posts
everytime you change a tune you are going to have a "relearn" period where the TCM tried to adapt the shiftting style to your driving style

1 - 4 of 4 Posts