Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to go on a emergency service call yesterday. Came back and halfway back the truck started knocking and shaking. Got back to the shop and checked the oil, the pan was empty. It had been full when I fired it up. Once it stops raining I’ll do some more investigating. The coolant looks really dark.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can’t figure out how to post a video

·
Registered
65 Posts
Turbo probably ate all ur oil and it’s on the exhaust side

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, I think a injector went bad and diluted the oil with diesel. While trying to diagnose it the motor started squealing and stalled. Wouldn’t re start. I pulled the pan and the oil filter and they were full of metal shavings. It’s busy season right now so I just parked it and will watch for a new motor or a used truck to come available. For now I got a cheap good used van to drive for the business.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
2011 F450
Same thing just happened to me a week ago. I was driving at 2:30am at highway speed 65mph, heard a little knocking started to pull over right away. by the time I got to the shoulder engine stopped.
oil level was very low.
Ran to the closest open gas station about 1.6 miles 1 way got 10 qts of oil. Engine started but knocking was pretty bad.
So i drove it off to the first exit (about 200 yrd).
waited till morning went and got a rental truck and hauled mine to the shop.
now the engine is out and at the rebuild location.
will see what happened when they will tear it apart.

I had oil leak before on the left side by the valve cover but it was hard to tell where it came from.
now when the engine is out I saw the all 4 left side injectors were covered with oil outside.
any suggestion?
And for the dip stick I always had a hard time reading dip stick, it always showed over fill even when I drain the oil.
any suggestion?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My truck is 2011 F450 4x4.
for some reason I do not have an oil pressure gauge. has anyone installed 1 or I was thinking about oil level check sensor. anyone done that before?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine had two bad injectors. Had miss fire codes on Cylinder 2 and 6. When the dealership dropped the oil filter the oil was really diluted with diesel. They popped Out injector #2 and the cylinder was full of diesel. So two injectors were over fueling and it was working it’s way into the crank case. That’s when they told me it needed to be rebuilt. At this point it wasn’t feasible to rebuild it so I have parked it until I get caught up on work to swap the 7.3 from my f-550 into it and move the dump box onto it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine had two bad injectors. Had miss fire codes on Cylinder 2 and 6. When the dealership dropped the oil filter the oil was really diluted with diesel. They popped Out injector #2 and the cylinder was full of diesel. So two injectors were over fueling and it was working it’s way into the crank case. That’s when they told me it needed to be rebuilt. At this point it wasn’t feasible to rebuild it so I have parked it until I get caught up on work to swap the 7.3 from my f-550 into it and move the dump box onto it.
I’d say replace those fuel injectors reset all your fuel tables and e see what happens

1 - 10 of 10 Posts