Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.7 MIleage

60K views 38 replies 28 participants last post by  GregWork 
#1 ·
I have read that the loaded mileage for the 6.7 is approx. 6-12 mpg (11K - 27K). I do not know if that is the computer "SWAG" or hand calculated mileage. Blah, blah, blah.

What are you getting unloaded daily driving? City/highway/combined?

#3 ·
I average about 14-15 mostly driving in town

#4 ·
8-9 mpg hauling my 5er, 14 mixed, 16+ empty highway all hand calculated.

#5 ·
15-17 MPG is very acceptable for the HP/TRQ numbers the engine producing. The towing numbers are great and better than what I am getting now. Thank you for the numbers submitted to date.

Anyone out there getting significantly different numbers?

#37 ·
15-17 MPG is very acceptable for the HP/TRQ numbers the engine producing. The towing numbers are great and better than what I am getting now. Thank you for the numbers submitted to date.

Anyone out there getting significantly different numbers?
Yes, I am. 13 mpg driving 70, towing 16k getting 8-9. 2018 F350 4x4 DRW 4:10’s. Seems like everybody is getting better fuel mileage than me!

#6 ·
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/f-250_super_duty/2017/g8orford/837794/fuelchart

^^ The dips are when towing about 8k. Weight loss after the first of the year explains the overall better numbers for 2019. It's pretty much a DD for a 120 miles round trip to work and back. No major city type traffic but a decent amount of lights and turns. Probably a 60/40 split for highway/local road driving.

#7 ·
#8 ·
What is that app? It looks like a really fun way to have info that will eliminate some fuel mileage debates.

#13 ·
I've been getting a steady 15 mpg around town and 16 to 17 mpg hwy depending on speed. 4.10 gearing keeps me at 70 mph max on the hwy. Towing our close to 17K pound 5th wheel I usually get 9 mpg @65 mph. Not bad for a DRW with the 4.10's.

Reactions: palmeris
#29 ·
I have a 2018 F350 6.7 diesel, with the 4:10 gears w/ electric lockers front and back. I put in 51 gal drag up tank w/ tool box, with aitlift air bags; b&w companion hitch, and new tires for off toad and I pull 16k 40’ 5er. In town running round I generally get about 11-13! On Highway it’s was dueing 18, but pullin trailer my trailer up hill 4-9, down hill, just use your imagination! Wouldn’t take for my truck!!!

#14 ·
Getting 14.5 on my F450

#15 ·
MPG

OK I am running with a Stealth module turned on high and an S & B CAI.
For the first 15-16k I couldn't break 16 MPG at 80 mph. Now that I have passed the break in point I am seeing anywhere from 18 to 19 MPG figured by hand. Lie ometer has had me as high as 2, I wish!!!!
Loaded pulling either our four horse trailer (14,000 lbs) or toy hauler (16,000 lbs) I see around 11.5 to 12MPG at 65mph.
I drive to fast, I know I could get better MPG, but I want to get there. NOW
Also should list that I am running Toyo 35s with a leveling kit for what it is worth.
Also this is the best mileage I have ever got out of a Powerstroke. I love my truck!!!!

#22 ·
14.7 mpg on the f450 unladen
9.7 mpg towing

Reactions: jrsavoie
#23 ·
yeah I'm not sure what you guys are doing but my last trip up to the cabin I got around 20.5 mpg.

No trailer, polaris sportsman in bed. Doing 55 to 60 for 700 miles. I got a 3.55 rear end though and I'm not knowing for hammering on the throttle. I like to let the truck eat at the hills.

#24 ·
4:10 rear end in the dually...will never get that kind of mpg that you are seeing unless I never go above 45 mph -:surprise:

#25 ·
Lol, true. I’m a single rear wheel cc short box.

I kinda wished I would have ordered the 3.31 but I guess 3.55 will be good when I do tow my triple axle 21k gooseneck

#26 ·
I just drove from Central Wi to Central Fl and back last week. Was empty going down averaging 75 mpg. I got 18.5 MPG on the computer after 1400 miles. Coming back slowed down to 72ish towing a 16' enclosed empty motorcycle trailer and got 13.7 MPG. Over the summer did a 3200 mile trip to Wy towing a 33' 10,000 lb 5th wheel and averaged 12.0 MPG.

#27 ·
My last tank was all towing, up to 8000+ feet and back to 4300 feet. Towing a 6000+ pound TT and a lot of idling (hookup and disconnecting). 20% driving through the city, stopping to shop on the way home. I got exactly 12.5 mpg hand calculated. I think that without all of the stop and go stuff, it would have been much better? The lieometer, said 14.6 mpg. Hand calculated is the only way to know for sure. It seems that these trucks get around 12 mpg when towing. I’m happy with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.