Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
1% Club
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that the loaded mileage for the 6.7 is approx. 6-12 mpg (11K - 27K). I do not know if that is the computer "SWAG" or hand calculated mileage. Blah, blah, blah.

What are you getting unloaded daily driving? City/highway/combined?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Combined empty I’m averaging around 15.5-16. Straight freeway I’ve seen 17.2. Hand calc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I average about 14-15 mostly driving in town

·
Registered
456 Posts
8-9 mpg hauling my 5er, 14 mixed, 16+ empty highway all hand calculated.

·
1% Club
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
15-17 MPG is very acceptable for the HP/TRQ numbers the engine producing. The towing numbers are great and better than what I am getting now. Thank you for the numbers submitted to date.

Anyone out there getting significantly different numbers?

·
Premium Member
11,646 Posts
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/f-250_super_duty/2017/g8orford/837794/fuelchart

^^ The dips are when towing about 8k. Weight loss after the first of the year explains the overall better numbers for 2019. It's pretty much a DD for a 120 miles round trip to work and back. No major city type traffic but a decent amount of lights and turns. Probably a 60/40 split for highway/local road driving.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
What is that app? It looks like a really fun way to have info that will eliminate some fuel mileage debates.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
What is that app? It looks like a really fun way to have info that will eliminate some fuel mileage debates.
Fuelly.

Personally I think it's one of the best ones out there.

·
Premium Member
11,646 Posts
It's not really just an "app". It's a website that tracks the data you give it. There is an app for your phone, but it's really just a front end for the website to allow you to input the fill-up information. You can also set up maintenance reminders and other notes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've been getting a steady 15 mpg around town and 16 to 17 mpg hwy depending on speed. 4.10 gearing keeps me at 70 mph max on the hwy. Towing our close to 17K pound 5th wheel I usually get 9 mpg @65 mph. Not bad for a DRW with the 4.10's.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Getting 14.5 on my F450

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
MPG

OK I am running with a Stealth module turned on high and an S & B CAI.
For the first 15-16k I couldn't break 16 MPG at 80 mph. Now that I have passed the break in point I am seeing anywhere from 18 to 19 MPG figured by hand. Lie ometer has had me as high as 2, I wish!!!!
Loaded pulling either our four horse trailer (14,000 lbs) or toy hauler (16,000 lbs) I see around 11.5 to 12MPG at 65mph.
I drive to fast, I know I could get better MPG, but I want to get there. NOW
Also should list that I am running Toyo 35s with a leveling kit for what it is worth.
Also this is the best mileage I have ever got out of a Powerstroke. I love my truck!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, I had an 03' F350 4x4 with a 7.3, and the mileage was pretty much identical to the current F350.

Big difference in towing performance though. I'm happy with the newer truck so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have tracked every fill up since new in a spreadsheet. Currently have 18Kmiles, 2/3 towing. 10.5 mpg towing a 14K 5th, 15.8 mpg solo.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts