Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all you guy's have have had a 6.0L and now own a 6.4L who will win.
I am not the type to talk much racing in 8000lbs trucks but you know how it gets with a buddy of your who you work with and have known for YEARS.
He just traded in his 04V10 for a FX4 6.4L. He put a tune in it but no DPF delete. He knows my truck is quick and wants to run for fun. Who do you think will win.
I run no exhaust and a canned SCT performance tune.
My truck is quick.
So what do you think guy's

·
Registered
659 Posts
it will be close that 6.4 make lots of power with just small mods.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
it will be close that 6.4 make lots of power with just small mods.
I agree, that 2nd turbo spools quicker and gives him the edge off the line.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, that 2nd turbo spools quicker and gives him the edge off the line.
I don't think he knows to 4x4 launch. I'll boost up and 4w launch maybe give me that sneaky edge. Do y'all usually pull out of 4X4 after second gear:dunno:

But once again, I really think I got one of the "Good Ones" when it comes to power.
I am going to try and video tape it if we have a camera.

·
Registered
659 Posts
dont pull out of 4 wheel that thing can go full speed in 4wd.if you boost launch and he dosnt you will win.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
If you have a really good tune you will take that 6.4.

I have yet to see them run anything but a low 14 even on a tune.

When the real custom tuned trucks start getting abundant it'll be a different story... but for now, most custom tuned 6.0's will walk the 6.4's with generic tuning.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
If you have a really good tune you will take that 6.4.

I have yet to see them run anything but a low 14 even on a tune.

When the real custom tuned trucks start getting abundant it'll be a different story... but for now, most custom tuned 6.0's will walk the 6.4's with generic tuning.
Marty is close......with just a canned tune a 6.4 is no match for a 6.0, but with the DPF delete and custom tuning, its a different story.....you can ask my buddy with 6.0 and SCT from Innovative :nod:
Oh yeah it also helps that I do a full boost every time

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Yeah I was just saying 99% of your 6.4's are either stock or flashed with a generic tune which will fall behind a custom tuned 6.0.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My 04 with a hypertech max energy (pretty mild) will smoke my dads 08 with the same tuner. All I have is a 4" exhaust. He will take me off the line no problem, but I will catch him before 1/8th mile or so.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I bet its when the truck hits 3rd, it falls on its face :nod:
If youre talking about the 08, yeah it does! Kinda sucks, it leaves the line good, but doesnt pull hard up top like my 6.0 does... I have been trying to talk him into the delete stuff but having a hard time.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
If youre talking about the 08, yeah it does! Kinda sucks, it leaves the line good, but doesnt pull hard up top like my 6.0 does... I have been trying to talk him into the delete stuff but having a hard time.
Yeah I was talking about the 08, I was having that problem, but any tune above 125 will change that :nod:

·
Registered
257 Posts
And now it looks like there are gonna be fewer and fewer guys with hot rodded 6.4's, because they are making the tuners quit selling the dpf delete tunes. Sucks, just when ford gets a common rail motor, the EPA screws everything up!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I thought all that turned out to be BS.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i think it did turn out to be complete bs :gr_bs:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
it is BS, and ill line up against any 6.0 for fun at least once

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Guys he's running canned tunes on his 6.0, not custom tunes. I say get some custom tunes and rid yourself of any worry about losing to the 6.4!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts