Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2008 F250 6.4L diesel to a dealership because it was smoking once it was at about 30 miles an hour after a cold start. They plugged it into the computer trouble reader and the readout showed that there were no problems. The smoke is gray in color and smells like rotten eggs. The truck has 177,000 miles on it and I have never seen a problem like this before with it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,989 Posts
Is it stock? Any change in noise? Are you new to the truck, or have you owned it all 177k miles?

Just from what you say it sounds like regen. We are going to need a bit more info than it was smoking the other day and I don't know why.

Have you lost any coolant? Any recent work done? What was the temp outside and was the engine warm or cold? When was the last regen (if stock) and how often does it usually regen?

·
Super Moderator
5,989 Posts
Does the some still occur when its fully warmed up? And is it stock?

Here is the deal, I live in Minnesota so as far as cold... Yah you get the point. My truck will have white smoke pretty much all the time untill the ambient temp gets above 0... Unless I can get my ect/eot above the 185* mark. Cold weather will give you a bit of whitish smoke.

Now if you are stock regen can cause white smoke as well.

Are there any strange noises? This can mean a number of things if there are. Usually it will involve one or more injectors.

Reactions: cgeis48
1 - 5 of 5 Posts