Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 F350 crew cab dually auto trans lariat, it currently has 18,000 miles on it. I have purchased a 5" turbo back exhaust with no bungs, H&S mini maxx, and AFE stage 2 intake. I am getting ready to install this setup. Is there any thing i should know/ look out for while installing this?? Should i do a egr delete right now?? Is it a big plus to delete the egr since i am doing all this already? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I would install the tuning first prior to removing the stock exhaust. After everything on the tuning side works out then rip out the stock exhaust. You never know when technical difficulties will arise. If problems occur you would have to re-install the stock exhaust system just to make the truck run until things get figured out. This doesn't happen often but it does happen sometimes. As for the egr delete, the h&s turns it off on the mild and hot damm tunes but removing it if possible would be the best way to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks i have actually been running the mini maxx with the dpf present tune for about 3 weeks to make sure everything was fine before i went and did the exhaust.

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,898 Posts
the exhaust is kinda self explanatory, take all your exhaust off and then put the new one in where the bungs line up. You will have to cut the downpipe (unless you are lifting your cab). EGR delete isn't bad, but takes time and patience. There should be directions for all of these if you google search them a little. I would suggest asking a buddy (or 2) to help.

I would also say do one task at a time in case you run into a problem with one you won't have a truck down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Delete the egr for sure I ran XRT PRO with delete pipe and lower egr cooler cracked anyway. I bought a nice delete kit on eBay. For 114.00 looks just like the sinister kit except its not anodized blue even came with the exact same instructions. Saved about 85.00!

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Getting rid of the EGR is a good idea. If you end up getting a kit, make sure it deletes the coolers. A new intake elbow is also suggested as the stock unit is pretty restrictive. From there, you could also add a new cold side IC pipe. This will greatly improve flow to the engine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've heard to really soak the bolts with penetrating oil and let it work its magic before you try to break the exhaust out. As I understand EGR isn't much for power, but will increase reliability. I plan to do what your planning in September.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update
so i opened my exhaust up. Was suppose to be a %' turbo back with a muffler.. I have no muffler and no muffler delete pipe?? I called them and he said diamond eye doesnt make a 5" dpf delete kit with a muffler?? So i have to return it and find another brand. Soooo who is the place to buy a 5" turbo back dpf delete with out bungs and with a muffler?? Any prices that you know of??
Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ptp will take care of you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
Performance truck products is a great place to buy from. Price? Not sure. Just call them they'll hook you up, fast shipping too!

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
Delete the egr for sure I ran XRT PRO with delete pipe and lower egr cooler cracked anyway. I bought a nice delete kit on eBay. For 114.00 looks just like the sinister kit except its not anodized blue even came with the exact same instructions. Saved about 85.00!

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sir, when you cracked the lower egr cooler what did the truck do? What signs were there?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i talked with ptp and alligator performance. Alligator recommended i just do a downpipe back kit and leave the factory downpipe. I like the idea of leaving it since my truck is well under warranty only has 19,000 miles. That way if i have an issue i can put it back to oem. but obviously if i cut the downpipe to remove it i am screwed on putting it back.
So what are the disadvantages of leaving the oem downpipe??
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts