Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 6.4 powerstroke. I just recently got the truck. Drove it a week and didn't have a minutes worth of trouble. Couple of days ago I took my son to school, came back to the truck, started it put it in drive and it died. Sat a minute, started it back, drove home fine. Go to get back in it a hour or so later and started it. Went up the road and the traction control light flashed then abs,then check brake system and the truck went into limp mode. Brought it home and cut it off went to start it back and NOTHING. Wont crank won't do anything. The theft light pops on along with every other light that they put in them. It does have an h&s mini maxx tuner but the screen is blacked out and I can't read codes. I bought a cheap scan reader at auto zone and it reads u0155 and u0073 and it shows where I have 8th cylinder glow plug bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have looked non stop for a reason for it doing this and can't come up with anything.

·
Registered
799 Posts
A wiring harness is making a bad connection somewhere I bet.

Disconnect, clean and re seat the three pcm connectors (located on the passenger side firewall) as well as the connectors on the drivers side inner fender. I bet you will find one loose or corroded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, so I checked the harnesses and everything seemed pretty clean. Not dirty or loose at all. Any ideas now?

·
Registered
799 Posts
What is battery voltage?

Turn the ignition to the run position and try and start the truck with the jumper wire located by the passenger side battery. It is a brown bullet connector. Touch the wire that heads down towards the starter to the positive terminal of the battery. The truck should crank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried that. It cranks but won't start due to the security light flashing I'm guessing. Battery is good. I put the jump box on it just in case that was the issue and still not it. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the h&s programmer. The screen is white so I can't see whats going on there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts