Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 2008 6.4 with 82,000 miles and it has an H&S on it already with DPF present, I've looked around on here for a list of "must do's" but didn't see anything...so far I've read about:

1. Coolant flush...and refill with???
2. EGR/DPF delete of course
3. S&B intake
4. CCV re-route
5. Coolant Filter
6. ????

What other little or big things should I need...I've got a couple very good ford mech's, but I haven't talked to either one about the pickup yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the chemical flush causing the clogged coolers? what about a power flush? I would have to flush it to change over the CEC coolant...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
is the chemical flush causing the clogged coolers? what about a power flush? I would have to flush it to change over the CEC coolant...
Yes in some cases the chemical flush causes clogged oil coolers

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
my truck's cooling system history consisted of radiator, degas, and coolant drain/fill at about 35k. then a cooler at 90k (with drain/fill)

I got it at 108k. I noticed my thermostats hanging, so I had them done at 130k with a drain/fill. Deltas still look good. I'm not going to go nuts with a bunch of PM's when/if the cooler starts getting bad I'll flush it in prep for a new cooler and while the cab is off, it'll get studs, egr delete, wastegate, etc.

I honestly can't say that I won't put gold back in it. I know it's junk, but if I can get 100k on a cooler with gold? meh

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if the oil cooler gets clogged you have to take it off to unclog it?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i dont know your truck but would do the chemical flush. i had a lot of crap in my system and i know the restores took care of that.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I stuck with the gold I just change it out way before its due like I do with every other fluid on my truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts