Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at a stop light with my 1, 3, and 5 year old kids in the truck with me. One of the busier intersections in Omaha. The truck idled kind of funny then flashed a "pull over safely" or something to that effect on the info screen. Before I could react the truck died and would not turn over at all. After sitting there for 15 minutes on hold with Ford with cars honking and kids crying, road side service said they would have someone there in 30 minutes. 1 hour later a flat bed arrives and they truck actually started back up by then, but the engine light was on. I am pissed, first time I have been stranded for nearly 15 years. My truck only has 30K on it and I'll be sure to get the extended warranty now. Any of you guys have this happen? It didn't run that much different before it died.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Heard of that happening and I've heard that there is a reflash to address it. Not sure and I'm sure some 6.4 guys will chime in. Glad everything turned out ok though:thumb:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heard of that happening and I've heard that there is a reflash to address it. Not sure and I'm sure some 6.4 guys will chime in. Glad everything turned out ok though:thumb:
Thank you for the kind words dhanna. The only anomaly it had was the fact that it would tell me to drain the water separator every 10 minutes. I went and had the filters changed and within 10 minutes it told me to drain the separator. I'll bet I have 20 parking lots with tiny spots of diesel on them from me pulling over to drain that thing. Never once had any water either.

·
Registered
57 Posts
ohhhh man, im sorry but you thread is cracking me up. . the stars have truly aligned in your case. i feel bad man but im thinking NO F-ING WAY this dude is biting the bullet this bad lol.
let us know what comes with it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that but it doesn't suprise me, it is a 08.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Sucks to hear hopefully it just need a reflash.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have an 08 and never had that. I wonder if he's got the old filter and picked up some bad fuel and it got past the filter into the second one.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I didnt know that was the reputation...:dunno:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice...:tard:
This dude gets up here and says crap about 08s more than anyone. Some of us bought our trucks before him. Now, they're 2yrs old and yes some have problems. That's what he always chalks it up to. Can't be that the persons truck just has a problem.... Guess his '10 is never gonna have issues at all? :tard:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, what do expect from him? He drives a '10. :wink[3]:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I'm pretty sure mines not a job one though. It does not have the external tranny filter and based on the vin I think it's a three. From reading the threads here it sounds like it was the job 1's that had most of the problems. I had to call the stealer myself this morning because I guess they didn't wonder why there was an f350 dually parked smack dab in the way of the service doors. They claim they have never heard of a 6.4 doing this and they will not be able to look at it until hopefully Monday. They are open on Satruday, but the diesel mechanic does not work on Saturdays. They tell me no loaner car. :dunno:

·
Registered
856 Posts
:dunno: I have an 08......and love it. No issues at all(knock on wood).

To the OP, sorry about your truck man, hopefully they'll get it worked out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called the salesman that I bought my 350 from as well as my 09 250 gasser and within 5 minutes I got a call from the rental car company. I'll be sure and keep you guys posted on any info I get from the service department.

·
Registered
921 Posts
didnt know the 2010 were any different then the 08's...besides job numbers.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm pretty sure mines not a job one though. It does not have the external tranny filter and based on the vin I think it's a three. From reading the threads here it sounds like it was the job 1's that had most of the problems. I had to call the stealer myself this morning because I guess they didn't wonder why there was an f350 dually parked smack dab in the way of the service doors. They claim they have never heard of a 6.4 doing this and they will not be able to look at it until hopefully Monday. They are open on Satruday, but the diesel mechanic does not work on Saturdays. They tell me no loaner car. :dunno:
I don't mean to knock anyone's trucks on here but if you guys look at the problem threads majority of the threads are posted by people owning 08's. I'm just posting facts not my personal opinion. And it seems like the OP knows exactly what I'm talking about cause the first thing he posted in this post is that his truck is not a job 1. So he knows that job 1 trucks have issues.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
didnt know the 2010 were any different then the 08's...besides job numbers.
Supposely they made a few upgrades on head gaskets between job 1 trucks and job 3 trucks. And the TCM is better on the job 3 trucks. If all this is true I don't know just what I have read from this site.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I hope your truck quits for all the hating you've been doing on 08s.
That's real nice to say jackass. Can't help it that job 1 and 2 08's have issues and ford fixed them by the time I got my truck. And I think I can hate all I want cause all I see threads not only on this site but others about job 1 and 2 trucks breaking down with low miles. I'm just stating a fact.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Who cares if jac says things about 08's? I personally dont and i also have an 08. As far as im concerned take this crap to PM, and stop trashing the OP's thread.

To the OP, im curious what the dealer said. What would cause the truck to display the message and shut down?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts