Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i pulled up to a new 6.4 today and had to give it a whirl. We both looked at each other and smiled so we were both aware of what was about to happen. I actually beat it. I was very surprised. It wasnt by much, barely pulled by him. Im hoping he had it to the floor cuz I feel pretty good about my truck now!:thumb: Too bad it had to be another fellow Ford

·
Registered
347 Posts
Same here dude, I got KILLED off the line but slowly pulled on him around 50mph. I couldnt believe how bad I got beat from a stop, even with my 03 turbo and my sct tune on street, I was like whoa!!! BTW nice kill.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we were dead even off the line, when i shifted into second is when i crept away. Definitely a fun kill. An old 7.3 with a few mods aint so bad, im pretty sure he was surprised as he!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I love my 7.3 as it pulls a load real good but it seems like just about any car I race beats me. I just feel like it is a gutless turd when racing. My boost gauge shows 22psi of boost when I hammer it but just doesnt feel like it pulls hard.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get rid of that superchip and get some custom tunes, might help ya a bit

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
i had a superchip on my 2000 and it still does but that was before i knew anything about this diesel stuff was a llil immature at the time but i could still roll some coal and beat several people but as said theyre are much better option out there. i jst wish i could have that truck back still in my name but sold it to my lil bro but he doesnt treat her right haha was about to buy ti back until freakin diesel went ape sh*t on us now no matter how bad a** i cant pull another insurance payment for somethin i dont drive that often but bioy do i miss it but now that i see how much work goes into these trucks and even mine id have a lot of work on my hands to get it haulin [email protected]@ surfe would be fun to have a 7.3 and a 6.0 ( would love to have a 6.4 just cuz if you could afford to drive it) defeats the whole purpose of a diesel when all you get is 10 mpg or so>> cant belive they would release a truck like that to the public but hey gotta get the emmisiolns down i guess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts