Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I purchased a 2010 6.4 crew 4x4 about 9-10 months ago. The truck has a 5' lift and 37 tires from the dealer. Lift, etc is under 3 yr-36k warranty. Shortly after delivery the truck started bouncing bad at around 55mph. It would only last a few seconds and quit. It was bad enough to sometimes chop your voice when speaking. Transmission also has vibration in it. I take the truck to the dealer. I get it back the next day with "No problem found" I have it a week and take it back again. Steering is loose, bouncing, and trans vibration. I asked for a tech to ride with me so I could show them. Tech comes out and looks at truck. Says here is the problem. Pitman arm is stripped/loose. They order new pitman arm, I also ask them to check the trans. when I get it back steering is fixed. Truck has around 5k miles. Same other problems still exist. I take it back. "no problem found" I take it back again. This time they think it is a tire issue. They order a new tire. While the tire is ordered I notice that the rear axl is crooked. They replace tire and fix axl. (7k miles) Bouncing still going on, transmission still vibrating when I get it back. A month passes and transmission light comes on. Truck is in the shop for over 3 weeks. When I get it back it has a new transmission and a new particulate filter. (9k miles) Apparently filter when bad while they had it??? I still have vibration, bouncing and a new problem. Play in steering has shown up again. (10.5 K miles) I call Ford asking for replacement truck or a buy back. I take it to dealer and Ford sends out a engineer. Ford denies my claim due to engineer finding no problem with truck. However my truck is still in shop...tomorrow will be two weeks. They are waiting on parts for "no problem found" I know some of the parts are a new pitman arm and new steering stabilizer. I have had it with Ford. What can I do. This is the 4th ford truck I have owned, and the last. Their customer service is a joke!:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
sorry to hear that, would try a diff ford dealer. good luck hope it works it's self out.

·
Registered
569 Posts
sounds more like you're having problems with THAT dealership than anything.. i'd go for the buy back and look at having a quality lift installed by a 4x4 shop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree the dealership has issues. However the engineer that said the truck had no problem was sent from out of town by Ford.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What kind of tires does the truck have on it? Reason I ask I had 05 lifted and had pro comp tires and they suck never could get them balanced right. Besides my local tire guy does tire install for the local 4 wheel shop, and he said pro comp tires suck. Just somthing to look into

·
Registered
122 Posts
"Bouncing" as you describe it is a tire related issue. A vibration would be a transmission / driveline issue.

My guess is tires out of balance, bad tire, crappy roads, or a bent rim. My tires will develop a slight shimmy on the roads out here because the roads are concrete slab type and are falling apart.

·
Registered
553 Posts
you arnt experiencing "death wobble" are you? With a 5" lift and 37's, its not going to ride smooth, im sure you know that though. I would try a different dealer like other suggested. They might have some different ideas on what to look for / correct.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tires are pro comp. The bounce only seems to happen between 50 and 60 MPH which makes me think tires. However that should not cause the tranmission to fail.

·
Registered
726 Posts
when i lifted mine i had the same problem my bounce was aroud 45 some was the flat spotted tire but i made a one and quarter inch shim for my drive shaft and took it all away, guess just had it in little bit of a bind and it bounced just a thought?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got a call around 9 this morning. Dealership told me the parts came in yesterday and my truck would be ready for pickup this afternoon. Only took two weeks this time. I crank the truck..Display says I have 4 miles until empty. I go two miles up the road and fill it up. When I crank it up the check engine light comes on. I turn it back off and try again. Still on. I pull out headed back to the dealership. The truck has no power at all. I go get the service manager and show him the truck. He thinks one of the turbos went out. So now I am with out a truck again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would suggest calling Ford direct and reporting the dealership. I had a problem with a 6.0 in an 06, and the dealership basically told me I was dreaming. The thing would have to turn over for 3 to 4 secs before it would start. A friend who worked at a different dealership, told me to call Ford and ask for a different dealer. Next dealer found that the High pressure oil pump was going, put a new one in, and the truck was great ever since. Sorry to hear that you are having problems, but I love my 08 with at 6.4.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I contacting Ford prior to it going in the shop this last time. Sadly they make the dealer look good.:dunno: That is the main reason I am fed up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I left several visits to the dealer off my initial post. I also left off the part about my wife getting cussed at, and the service rep got all in her face when the truck was dropped off this last time. Service rep told wife I gave her a "$&%T survey". I was at work when it happen. The service manager saw it and says he wrote her up. What is so bad is I had been in contact with ford for over 2 months and they finally sent an engineer to the dealer to look at the truck this last visit. The response he gave back to ford and me that there was nothing wrong with the truck. As above the truck only made it about two miles out of the dealer lot. Ford already lost a vehicle sell from this. My wife wanted the white SHO Taurus in the showroom. After she got cussed at I took her car shopping. Bought her a Buick LaCrosse CSX. I talked to a lawyer yesterday (friday) afternoon. I am going Monday to sign paperwork. Looks like Ford has left me no choice other than to sue them. I have always owned Ford trucks. I guess I need to find another brand. They have completely lost my business. Fordcrazy I am in the piedmont area of NC. At this point I guess it is pointless. After Monday I will let the lawyer handle it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow :tard:
Seems like incredible bad luck. You have had bad tires, steering problems, tranny problem, rear axle problem, DPF replacement, and turbo problems all in the first 10K miles.
Time to try a different company.

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
sounds like you shouldn't have bought a truck w/ a lift already on it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree. The F250 I had prior had a 4" lift. I never had a problem with it. However the turbo, transmission, DPF, and sync radio problems have nothing to do with the lift. I think my truck was made the day before or after new years.:dunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called the dealer this morning. Just now got a call back. It appears the EGR valve locked open. Not a turbo issue.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts