Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 6.4 has 220000 miles on it dpf deleted at 50K. rockers snd lifters redone 100K. Headgasket done at 200K also egr delete I believe and also oil cooler bulletproof at 100K.

this noise started when I was driving down the road at 80mph with a 20 foot 10,000 pound trailer behind me in Cruise control and then the rpms went crazy and far passenger side glow plug connecter was blown out and so was most of the oil. Had it towed to my house and I filled it up with oil and heres the noise it makes. Any help would be appreciated. http://instagr.am/p/CDYArQwjNzu/

·
Registered
951 Posts
This 6.4 has 220000 miles on it dpf deleted at 50K. rockers snd lifters redone 100K. Headgasket done at 200K also egr delete I believe and also oil cooler bulletproof at 100K.

this noise started when I was driving down the road at 80mph with a 20 foot 10,000 pound trailer behind me in Cruise control and then the rpms went crazy and far passenger side glow plug connecter was blown out and so was most of the oil. Had it towed to my house and I filled it up with oil and heres the noise it makes. Any help would be appreciated. http://instagr.am/p/CDYArQwjNzu/
Can’t see the video, try uploading it to YouTube. Maybe it’s just my cellphone..

My glow plug harness popped out of my valve cover too, except my glow plug went with it lol, happened twice. Still don’t know the cause. But I had blown head gaskets, when I just took it apart. As well as my heads were cracked, from the intake valve through the glow plug hole to the exhaust valve.

Anyway you can get a power balance/contribution balance test done? Any codes that you can pull?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can’t see the video, try uploading it to YouTube. Maybe it’s just my cellphone..

My glow plug harness popped out of my valve cover too, except my glow plug went with it lol, happened twice. Still don’t know the cause. But I had blown head gaskets, when I just took it apart. As well as my heads were cracked, from the intake valve through the glow plug hole to the exhaust valve.

Anyway you can get a power balance/contribution balance test done? Any codes that you can pull?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can’t get any codes from it, I’m probably gonna pay to have someone pull the valve cover and check the lifters and rockers**

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Hard to tell on these vids, but I hear air pulsing/hissing
and a creak/squeak toward the end of the vid

I vote blown head gasket -- but the squeak/creak I have heard before just before the engine locked up and threw a rod -- also have heard a similar noise from a blown head gasket

Like I mentioned, really hard to tell from the vid -- but you definitely have a problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts