Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off all this is my first post here have been reading a lot and have learned a lot here. I bought my 08 6.4 last year not knowing much on it. Truck had afe intake and programmer ( don't know which). This spring the high pressure fuel pump gave out, payed close to 5k for repairs. Got truck running and took it to delear to get pcm flashed to stock. Drove truck and noticed when being in town at idle it would smoke white, and it would go into cleaning exhaust filters mode for seconds. Then it showed me a reduced engine power sign. I searched here and learned about dpf, checked my truck and sure enough dpf had been removed. I have the truck parked and I'm on the market for a programmer with dpf delete. Been looking at the h&s mini maxx tuner. Just want to get my truck running like before getting 18mpg on highway. I'm getting 11 at the moment. Or what other tuner is recommend fuel pump really hit my pocket. I love my king ranch but if this don't fix it I'm trading it in as is for a cummings.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
You will get different answers here depending on what the person owns. Mine is a H&S mini. Don't know how the dealer reflased it back to stock without the dpf and you were able to start it.

·
Buckeye Power Strokes
365 Posts
Buy the h&s

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
286 Posts
You will get different answers here depending on what the person owns. Mine is a H&S mini. Don't know how the dealer reflased it back to stock without the dpf and you were able to start it.
The truck will start and run without DPF but it will go into regen and reduced power mode. Also will smoke because of no DPF.
I run a SCT tuner with RCD tunes. (450). NO problems, great tunes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts