Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving work yesterday and everythings great. About 5 minutes i had been driving and i acelerate a little bit on an incline. After im over the peak i got to get back on the gas somewhat and it's starts coughin and ****tin on me. Im down to about 35mph at this point and around 900rpm just barely cruising. I got to accelerate a little more i just eased into it and right above 2,000rpm she just shakes and baxks me back down. I was also watching my psi, wouldnt get passed 10lbs. So i cruised her home tho whole way at about 35 because she was running perfectly fine under 2,000rpm. Parked her and she idles fine. Starts right up fine. And runs fine all the way up to 2,000rpm. I have some different ideas but i know you guys are the wiz's. Please help. Also didn't look but dont think i saw any white smoke.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Leaving work yesterday and everythings great. About 5 minutes i had been driving and i acelerate a little bit on an incline. After im over the peak i got to get back on the gas somewhat and it's starts coughin and ****tin on me. Im down to about 35mph at this point and around 900rpm just barely cruising. I got to accelerate a little more i just eased into it and right above 2,000rpm she just shakes and baxks me back down. I was also watching my psi, wouldnt get passed 10lbs. So i cruised her home tho whole way at about 35 because she was running perfectly fine under 2,000rpm. Parked her and she idles fine. Starts right up fine. And runs fine all the way up to 2,000rpm. I have some different ideas but i know you guys are the wiz's. Please help. Also didn't look but dont think i saw any white smoke.
A list of mods will help. If you have a monitor I'd look at fuel pressure and make sure it's building like its supposed to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A list of mods will help. If you have a monitor I'd look at fuel pressure :pand make sure it's building like its supposed to.
My bad! Shes basically stock...theres a gibs tip and mid pipe but i havent even fully looked at it. Just bought her a week ago. You think maybe fuel filter is clogged!? Its basically exactly like if a 2-stroke dirtbike carb was clogged. Thanks for helping though!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
+1 on monitoring fuel pressure. change the fuel filters and drain the water separator before you drive it much more.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My bad! Shes basically stock...theres a gibs tip and mid pipe but i havent even fully looked at it. Just bought her a week ago. You think maybe fuel filter is clogged!? Its basically exactly like if a 2-stroke dirtbike carb was clogged. Thanks for helping though!
I know exactly what your talking about. Get some crap in you main jet and it'll start sputtering and spitting. Check your fuel filters until you get a monitor. Or post a thread and see if there is someone in your area that has one that you can meet up with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know exactly what your talking about. Get some crap in you main jet and it'll start sputtering and spitting. Check your fuel filters until you get a monitor. Or post a thread and see if there is someone in your area that has one that you can meet up with.
Shop says diagnostic popped 3 egr codes. They said the egr will cause it you think its true? If it is should i just have them put a delete kit on they said that would cost 500$

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think the egr valve will open at higher rpms, so if the egr valve was stuck closed it does make sense that it would cause an issue.

If it's warranty I'd let them fix it and be on your way.

If its coming out of your pocket, then an egr delete is the way to go. If you go this route you will also need a tuner that is emissions delete capable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the egr valve will open at higher rpms, so if the egr valve was stuck closed it does make sense that it would cause an issue.

If it's warranty I'd let them fix it and be on your way.

If its coming out of your pocket, then an egr delete is the way to go. If you go this route you will also need a tuner that is emissions delete capable.
Warrenty is up:/ so yea in gonna go with egr delete. I can do this without a tuner correct. What your saying is when i buy a tuner is has to be compatible with a deleted egr correct?
Appreciating the help man

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No, you have to have a tuner to run the truck with a deleted egr. If you delete without tuning the truck will throw codes and go into limp mode.

If I were you I'd call any of our site supporting vendors and ask them for a quote on a package deal of egr delete kit, tuner, delete pipe (or full exhaust), and cold air intake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, you have to have a tuner to run the truck with a deleted egr. If you delete without tuning the truck will throw codes and go into limp mode.

If I were you I'd call any of our site supporting vendors and ask them for a quote on a package deal of egr delete kit, tuner, delete pipe (or full exhaust), and cold air intake.
So wgr and dpf need deleted for tune?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I dont plan on tuning it until this big job im on is over. So i guess my only choice is to buy a new factory egr valve. When deleteing the dpf,is that just a replacement piece of pipe? Because they said they would straight
Pipe it for 50$. Is that what im gonna need to delete dpf because if im able to do that without a tune ill go ahead with it. I just hate getting
My truck back ad not having something aftermarket done to it im sure you know what i mean haha.
Thanks again for the help bro! What kind of bike do you ride?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You cannot remove ANY emission devise, egr cooler, dpf, or cat without a tuner that is emissions delete capable.

08 yz250f
Gotcha. Nice bike though. Hopefully the 13's are fuel injected idk why yamaha hasnt yet. I just my yfz450r this winter i raced as much as i could but work really ****ed me

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Gotcha. Nice bike though. Hopefully the 13's are fuel injected idk why yamaha hasnt yet. I just my yfz450r this winter i raced as much as i could but work really ****ed me
Yamaha just completely redesigned the 450 with the reverse motor and all, so the 250 should get the same attention in a couple years. The motor in the 13 250 is the same as the 01 with a few updates. They lack power compared to the Honda, Kawi, and ktm, but they are ultra reliable. I put 80 hrs on mine and when i stripped to down the valves were still in spec

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yamaha just completely redesigned the 450 with the reverse motor and all, so the 250 should get the same attention in a couple years. The motor in the 13 250 is the same as the 01 with a few updates. They lack power compared to the Honda, Kawi, and ktm, but they are ultra reliable. I put 80 hrs on mine and when i stripped to down the valves were still in spec
Idk why everyoe had something bad to say when the new 450 came out. Yamaha took a big risk being the first to try the reverse motor id say they did pretty good. But yes almost every yz250f is solid. I personally love the 125 and 250 but thats only because i race quads but still ride dirtbikes haha. Its alot cheap tO blow the top end of a 2-stroke

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That 110 mixed woth klotz is probably the best smell in the world also.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts