Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the cruise control going out or working intermittently on these trucks is huge wide spread problem. A quick google search on the subject will bring up a lot of reading.

Has anyone filed a lawsuit for this issue though. If there is one I would be interested in contacting them. I jst went through this whole fiasco on my truck and and talking to so many other people that it has happened to I feel that it should be a recall by Ford.

Any interest?

·
Registered
271 Posts
^ what he said.. I heard it is a common problem, i bought the $30 switch took about 5-10 minutes to switch out. Now it works perfectly.

Alonzo

·
Registered
994 Posts
never heard of it...interesting!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sounds like I'm picking up a pressure switch tomorrow

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I thought it was due to tuning. When I tune my truck, cruise doesn't for for a few hundred miles then works fine

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine cruise did not work when I received the truck, I just cleaned the connector's switch and since work perfectly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had to change out the switch also.
Does work now but for how long?
Got a spare in the glove box .
Definitely a problem with that switch. May be an easy fix but should be something done about the problem of this switch failing. Not wearing out as my dealer says.... But failing.
I have changed it on my::
2008 F250
2002 F250
2000 F350
That every Ford truck I have owned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't think a lawsuit is in order...
But perhaps for Ford to use/try a different switch because the one they are using now has a reputation for failure.

·
Registered
183 Posts
no problems yet on my 08 but I had it done as a recall on my 95

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
where is the switch

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
First Ive heard of it, cant really see a reason for a lawsuit though.....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Lawsuit?

Good luck with that....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Never had any issues with the cruise control in my 2008 f-450 100% bone stock.

·
Registered
769 Posts
A lawsuit for an intermittent issue? Not my style.

Sure, I could see it being a safety hazard if it got stuck and wouldn't turn off, but c'mon, for it not maintaining speed properly? Are there any cases of it not turning off and not being defeatable? That would be reason for a lawsuit.

Also, mine works perfectly fine on my stock truck.

·
Registered
271 Posts
went to the dealer today to get mu truck checked out and spoke with my service writer and the service manager. They said they have not seen many of them come in for that. So it may not be all that common. But my truck as well as my uncles truck had the problem both of which were fixed by replacing the switch.

Alonzo

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have this problem and i hate it..always happens at the worst time. i wouldnt think of suein them though..a recall would be nice.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If there should be a lawsuit over anything it should be the stupid radiators...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts