Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys! New to the forum and new to the 6.4l. Had an '06 6.0l before this truck.

I have a 2008 F350 6.4l. As far as I know it is totally bone stock. Picked up this truck back in feb i think with around 110,000. Sitting at about 118,000 now. Totally love the truck, BUT, It threw a few codes recently.

P2033 and P2084. Did my research. Bought the new sensor and replaced it.

Unfortunately, Still have the CEL.... Disconnected the battery for 10 min, still there (ign. on eng. off) Disconnected again for 20 min, Still there. Been driving it for a day or two now. Got about 100 miles on it, Light still on.

Here are my questions:

1: The sensor I need to replace if BEFORE the DPF, Yes or No?

2: How do you clear codes without a scanned. Autozone told me they wont clear it because they can be fined. DO NOT want to take it to the dealership and pay them $100 just to clear the code!!

Any help is great help! Happy to be here! Thanks in advance.

Rick.

·
Let's Run'em
17,845 Posts
Usually the draining battery trick never works as its "stored" in the computer, the computer needs to be reset......wouldn't hurt to get yourself a DTC reader/scanner from Autozone, trust me they are worth their weight in gold

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you have an android phone, I recommend you get an ELM 327 bluetooth device to hook up. If you have an android phone you can download Torque lite(free) to read all the codes. It'll allow you to reset codes as well. For Diesels though, I would get the pay version(only like 5 bucks), as it allows more features, and you can actually read the EGT's turbo pressure, and all the other stuff. It's pretty handy. The total out of pocket came to 15 bucks for me(aside from the phone which I already had). WAY better than going to the dealer for a reset.

I brought mine on the test drives of used vehicles. Some places(read bad shops) will clear the codes, knowing that the code may not show up for a few hours, long after the customer leaves their shop. One of the things on the free version is an emissions readiness deal which shows "Drive Status since DTC clear" I walked away from 5 really nice looking vehicles because the drive status was incomplete on all of the sensors. You can also read pending faults. Those can tell you if the shop or person selling you that vehicle know that there's a fault coming and is dumping it on you. I walked away from one private seller who was trying to pawn off his duramax with a P0303. It was running funny, but the code didn't set the light yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am looking for the codes for U0100, and U0115. Any ideas, been colder than hell here today, and the CEL just came on and threw those codes. Cleared them with the SCT and the CEL came right back on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
^^^^ Good question. I have been throwing those codes for a while now as well as multiple other communication codes. As far as I Know these codes are related to the CAN BUS system and are a pain in the *** to diagnose. I have combed the truck multiple times for shorts and have found nothing yet. Now mine is starting to throw battery voltage low code. I am hoping it is all related to that as I know low batt voltage can cause the modules to not communicate. Check your voltage, since it's cold probably has so.ething to do with it. Best of luck to you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
315 Posts
i go tthe P006B today???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and hope that after a while will be able to contribute to the answers for some of these problems. I have an 2008 6.4 62000 miles, I put 5000 miles on it bought it used. It has a EDGE programmer, everything else is stock. I have towed 32ft 5th wheel with great results. I was driving and engine light came on, said to pull over safely. It shut down, I disconnected batteries to reset and was able to get it homes,about 15 miles. I checked the codes on the programmer, p200e, p242d, p242e. I am asking for suggestions on where to start? I am a do it yourself guy. Thanks to all of you for the information that is provided on this website, I have been reading it for a couple of days now and found a wealth of information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if any one new if there is a site that lists the codes for the 6.4 I'm getting two that all of sudden are coming up on my sct. One is a 0272 and 1332 I've been running the 1.22beta for 4 months and put about 8,000 miles on it with no problems but it has been cold here with a high of 9 degrees. I dont know if that is what is affecting it or something else? :dunno:
Engine light came on about 30 miles after filling up. Had code read at an Autozone--1316. Seems to be running OK. 6.4 ford diesel

21 - 35 of 35 Posts