Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering putting both batmowheels in my 6.4. Do you all think that the factory headbolts could handle the extra PSI in boost created? Ive been reading many threads about 6.4 headbolts and i have seen both opinions stated, but most seem to say that the 6.4 headbolts are pretty good unless adding nitrous or something crazy like that.... Whats your opinion???

·
Don't you worry about it
2017 F250
8,335 Posts
mine weren't, guess it's all luck

·
Don't you worry about it
2017 F250
8,335 Posts
I think there is only one for the low pressure side.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theres two different ones, one for the "big turbo" and one for the "small turbo"

·
Don't you worry about it
2017 F250
8,335 Posts
dang I wish there was when I had mine put in.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I am also wanting to put batmowheels in my turbos. I am hoping to do it this fall or next spring along with a ported intake manifold. I am still on stock headbolts.

·
Registered
585 Posts
me also. 2 batmowheels and ported intake and airdog.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
IF it was ME and since i was all ready messing with the motor i would just go ahead and put APR head bolts on. You want have to switch gaskets so it will make it easier. Better to do it now with the gaskets good then wait tell you blow one and have to pull a head which would make it a WITCH

·
Registered
875 Posts
Pay now or pay later. You will eventually need studs running high horse power tunes. I would do studs if the cab is coming off.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had only the Low Pressure Batmowheel and my factory studs chit the bed. I knew mine were going to go sooner or later, but I ran it hard for a while anyhow.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pay now or pay later. You will eventually need studs running high horse power tunes. I would do studs if the cab is coming off.
Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Thats what I've been thinking too. I will be doing this cab on but if I can do it without replacing the gaskets, shouldnt be impossible. Also still tossing around the idea of paying way too much money for :icon_ford: to do it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts