Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually dont post a lot, but I just left the FTE forum where there was a v10, 6.2 vs diesel thing going. Anyway one of the moderators was stating how the new 6.2 will handily outpull a 2011+ 6.7, so I kindly told him that the torq or hp numbers dont back his claim, but being a good sport....video the proof, so that all of you 6.7 owners can get a refund from ford!!!!:hehe:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is this the "joke of the day."

·
Registered
933 Posts
cool story bro? are we talking about pick ups or C&C trucks?

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Ive got a 6.2 ambulance at work.

It wont touch the 6.7 from a power standpoint.

That said its a strong runner for a gas engine though.

I'm just glad I dont pay the fuel bill:rofl:

·
Registered
933 Posts
It has to be c&c trucks! I think if it were pick ups, thats no contest! From what I understand, c&c psd are detuned, so that would make more sense!
Yea last two weeks I have been shopping for a new truck and a pickup 6.7 will flat out walk away from the 6.2.... Which is still no slouch and from someone sick of diesels will be my next truck, but I have a job for 4 or 5 months where I get free diesel, so not quite yet.

The C&C trucks are detuned to 300/700 IIRC

·
Registered
445 Posts
Bottom line......if somebody buys a 6.2 over a 6.7L diesel its because money is THE FACTOR MAKING the decision. They are comparing Diamonds to Gravel Rocks!!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's not the motor - it's the brakes you should compare. the 6.2 needs super heavy duty brakes so you can stop effectively at every gas station you see while driving down the road...

seriously though - I've owned both and the 6.2, while nice, can't begin to compare to the 6.7

1 - 10 of 10 Posts