Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 F250 Automatic 4WD

Hi folks,

I recently got in an accident and ripped off the front left fender, inner fender and such and smashed the PCM and ripped the wiring harnesses, ABS etc.
I am looking to buy a donor truck to fix mine up. I have no problems matching the body stuff but I need help figuring out which year and model PCMs and wiring harnesses match up.
I know the PCM and/or wiring harnesses were changed up part way through 2004, so I know those won't work, and I believe I need an automatic trans donor for the PCM, but beyond that I am lost.
Basically, what years of the 6.0L will match what I need, and does 2WD/4WD or auto/manual transmission matter for the wiring harnesses and the PCM?

Thank you,
Corvin

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
2005 F250 Automatic 4WD

Hi folks,

I recently got in an accident and ripped off the front left fender, inner fender and such and smashed the PCM and ripped the wiring harnesses, ABS etc.
I am looking to buy a donor truck to fix mine up. I have no problems matching the body stuff but I need help figuring out which year and model PCMs and wiring harnesses match up.
I know the PCM and/or wiring harnesses were changed up part way through 2004, so I know those won't work, and I believe I need an automatic trans donor for the PCM, but beyond that I am lost.
Basically, what years of the 6.0L will match what I need, and does 2WD/4WD or auto/manual transmission matter for the wiring harnesses and the PCM?

Thank you,
Corvin
Why not just buy one from a parts store?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
154 Posts
The interchange lists several part ID number both low emissions and standard. It doesn’t specify 2 or 4wd. I believe any of them once properly flashed to your vin should be fine. They only list 05 but I would think personally 05-07 should work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The interchange lists several part ID number both low emissions and standard. It doesn’t specify 2 or 4wd. I believe any of them once properly flashed to your vin should be fine. They only list 05 but I would think personally 05-07 should work
But auto vs manual matters correct?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Once it’s flashed to your vehicle no, the interchange asks PN but that’s mostly irrelevant if you flash it to your vin number via ids.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once it’s flashed to your vehicle no, the interchange asks PN but that’s mostly irrelevant if you flash it to your vin number via ids.
Okay, just to be clear, that is for the PCM correct?

2 other questions:
1) Does the main wiring harness differ at all? I can buy the others, but the main is too expensive, so that's the only one I need to match here.
2) I'm assuming that the Ford garage can flash it? I'm only a couple miles from a Ford garage (can pull myself) but I'm a good hour from a tuner (pay for a tow).

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes pcm, a competent Indy shop with a passthru could flash stock or a dealer. Pcm will need to be in truck. I can get you pin out diagrams if you find a harness from different year but I think they’re same. Where you located?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes pcm, a competent Indy shop with a passthru could flash stock or a dealer. Pcm will need to be in truck. I can get you pin out diagrams if you find a harness from different year but I think they’re same. Where you located?
Got it, thanks.
I’m in northern Ohio. I may have found a 2005 truck, not sure yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I’m east central Indiana I can do ford oe flashing no problem if you need diagrams or anything no problem either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts