Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a couple of nice options for a 6 liter turbo upgrade. These are from Industrial Injection, and they are a direct fit to the stock turbo mount.

Discount Power Parts

Check'm out!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
purty, how much of a difference does a upgraded turbomake, guess it depends on other supporting mods, would I see a noticeable difference with say just that turbo and my SCT

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Im also interested cuz i use my truck everyday. I want more power but safe power. And i been pullin a sled also. What will it do?

·
Registered
999 Posts
somebody needs to get one of these the 4mm bigger 1 let us know

Matt

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are these VGT style? What is the sound? You guys are gonna sell a ton of these things, more than likely one to me!!! Nice addition

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, busy day. Why am I up at 3:30am? Wish I knew!
The 60FORDHY is very very very similar to the Elite VGT-SS.:whistle: Yes it does have the Variable Geometry Turbine just like your truck has now, so the lowend will not be as laggy as a standard type turbo. You may have seen Ronnin's post the other night about his truck with the Elite VGT-SS and water/meth kit we sold him Dyno'n around 545hp I think it was. That was with stock injectors and fuel system. A good FASS system alone would give him even better results. Yes these will be a popular item.

The 60FORDEX is a remanufactured OE turbo that has been modified to fix the sticking vane issue.

Both of these turbo's are a direct fit.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
wow what a great price on them things

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am. Im waiting on a call back from larry right now. Im ready to get this show on the road!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
pat you see what happens when you stick a shinny new turbo in front of us rednecks, you know a redneck likes shinny things lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
us rednecks

The Offical Redneck Association of Krackers!

Pat, tell Larry as soon as I get my account recredited from X'ing my order for a VGT SS i will call and pay for the VGT i spoke to larry about today. Thanks much for the great customer service! You guys are my first call from now on.

Doug

·
Registered
373 Posts
1450! Initial Cost though is going to be 1850 untli you return your core. Hey Pat, my refund from local shop came back, will call you tomorrow and get that turbo shipped out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
is the only difference the vanes are modified not to stick....is there any power differnce...is the whistle any louder?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well here is how the update goes on the turbo. Mines been on now for 2 months or so maybe more. No problems with it so far. Feels like to me that the stock 03 turbo I had, when not sticking, would constantly make a turbo whine at idle. With this turbo it cycles harder at idle and when it "Takes off" at idle it has more of a turbo whine. Everywhere I go and park with my truck running i seem to draw crowds asking what I have done to "that" thing. When driving truck with new charger you can ease the gas on and when it gets to the point when it "hits" as i call it, the aftermarket charger really feels stronger than the 58mm stock vgt did.

I did not have a chance to dyno my truck with stock charger but with the aftermarket HYPO Larry dynoed the truck at the meet and greet and layed down 469.8HP and 1025.9 Torque uncorrected, and corrected it was 462.3 and 1009.5. The numbers were great but not nearly as great as the Exhaust Gas # of 1203 MAX after 3 hard pulls. Thats telling you that you are moving some air there. If you have any other questions about this unit just PM me and you can call and ask. If i had to do it all over again id order another just like it.

Doug

·
Registered
999 Posts
what mods u all have done

Matt

·
Registered
236 Posts
so I guess on a stock 04 with a 03 engine , with only a intake and stright pipes , it would be a wise thing to do head studs before i ordered the upgraded turbo . I do not have a turner on my truck are a chip .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts