Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was too good not to share... Parked my truck for 2 days while I was off - was running fine before hand. Bought a new stove on Tuesday so I came home to pick up the truck and go bring it home. When I started it and took off I noticed the turbo wasn't spooling. Had a bunch of other things to get taken care of so I didn't have time to look at it, went to work today and got off early so I decided to take a peak. Figured it was the wonderful soot buildup causing the veins not to open like they should. Ran the piss out of it both days trying to break them free. Pop the hood, crawl up there and see a bunch of leaves. Thought it was weird, but ahh what the hell. Started to try and remove them to discover the wire going to the plug for the turbo had been chewed in half. Looked around some more and the hood insulation had been chewed up a bit as had some other things.. Guess a mouse got the best of me this time... Anyways on my way to autozone hoping they have something that will fix this... Any other suggestions let me know.. Thanks :doh:

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
The repair is simple. You can go to your nearest Ford dealer and order part number 6E7Z-12A690-DA to get just the wiring pigtail needed for your VGT, or you can buy the whole entire engine harness and replace everything outright (which is part number 3C3Z-12B637-BA for a 2003 6.0L). If you require the FICM harness, the part number is 3C3Z-9D930-AA for a 2003 6.0L. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Furthermore, some mouse poison under the hood will help fix the root cause of the failure.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have a picture of what the pigtail would look like? I called Ford today and thats the cheapest route, but I need tovmake sure its right and will fix the problem first... I work long hours and can't make it in to look at their diagram until Monday and then ill have to wait for it to come in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts