Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all you powerstrokers i have a 2004 6.0l with afe intake 4 inch turbo back straight pipe a bully dog gauge tuner on my pick up...in the morning after sitting all night or all day somewhere when i start it it takes a bit for it to start and kinda lugs and chugs for a minute once it starts, if i take off at all before it reaches 180 degrees F it runs like **** and bucks and kicks and has no power and will only build maxx 8psi boost. need help as winters coming soon and it gets cold here if i plug my block heater in it starts a bit better in the morning. my chip keeps throwing "contribution failure in cylinder 6" codes and once and a while the same one for cylinder 4 once it warms up it runs fine but rough when warm every once in a while need help asap leave tips and tricks u guys have had with your 6.0 and simular problems thanks!!!!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
534 Posts
FICM and or injector problems.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Could this be a stiction issue?

If so some rev-x or archoil should clear it up.
It could be part of the problem, but until you load test your batteries, and check your ficm, you may be wasting money on rev-x.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Check you FICM first, that is free to do. Also, ditch that tuner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks guys i live in bc where do i get this rev x stuff from i keep hearing its awesome but wanna try it mid as well start with small stuff first also im running 15w40 rotella t in it???

·
Registered
419 Posts
sounds like stiction... are you running synthetic oil? I had a similar issue with rotella non synthetic, tried rev-x and it didnt help, next change i switched to the synthetic, thing starts great and is much quieter. might be worth a short switching if you haven't already

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dont waste your money on RevX yet...Altough it wouldnt hurt. Check your FICM voltage and batts, If those check out ok then put some RevX in it. Also switch to rotella T6 5W40 when you add your revx and stick with T6 5W40.

·
Registered
30 Posts
same thing yesterday for me

I actually had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday morning. My batteries were very low.....gave them a charge and she fired right up. I will be looking into DC Power Inc alternator for a near future swap. I just replaced the alternator about 7 months ago along with the batteries. I will probably also go with a nice set of Optima's to go along with the alternator.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I actually had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday morning. My batteries were very low.....gave them a charge and she fired right up. I will be looking into DC Power Inc alternator for a near future swap. I just replaced the alternator about 7 months ago along with the batteries. I will probably also go with a nice set of Optima's to go along with the alternator.
I have a DC power spx300. I love it, but it took countless phone calls, email, and some very choice words to get it shipped to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have read you need to upgrade the wires going with one of these alternators......did they include them with it?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Not sure what kind of oil you are running. But my suggestion....drain your oil, replace oil filter and refill with a good synthetic oil. Get 2 bottles of Rev-X and add to your oil when changed.

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
And can i put a fivm outta lets say a 2006 or 2005 and see if it runs good?
Yeah that will work.

Is the lucas CI-4 or CJ-4 rated?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Dont get Optimas.. If you are not going to get a diehard or motorcraft just goto autozone and get there yellow batts. The yellows have a 3 year free replacment and prorated after that. Alot of people use the Reds also.. But NO OPTIMAS..

But I dont think the OP batts are just low, I bet he has FICM problems.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.