Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I got my 2003 F-250 stuck in the mud. was going forward and backwards trying to get it out when in just died. Pulled the truck out with another truck. turn key to run potions and cluster turns on, door sensor beeps but no injector clatter and no comms at all to OBDII. turn key to start position and all electrical power cuts out? any advice would be great thanks.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Easiest thing I can think of is the fuses, both by the driver and under the hood.

THere is a 50 amp FICM fuse, and perhaps that would stop injector clatter. I think that one is located under the hood.

·
Administrator
22,453 Posts
we could guess all over the place from the batteries/alt to the Fuses.

You need to get a reader on the truck and start pulling numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
>>>> turn key to run potions and cluster turns on, door sensor beeps but no injector clatter and no comms at all to OBDII. turn key to start position and all electrical power cuts out?

That sounds like seriously drained batteries or a poor continuity issue.

The first thing, remove one battery negative terminal, then check both batteries voltage. They need to be close to (temp dependent) 12.6 to be relatively charged.

I would look closely at the driver-side positive terminal at the 4ga wire. That wire goes to the Central Control Box, the fuse box. A poor connection there at the higher amp loads of FICM engagement and the other energy grabs like the starter solenoid can cause a serious voltage drop with high resistance. The FICM pulls the higher current of all at the first engagement, but if the voltage drops too far may not engage at all.

Pb_battery_state_of_charge.png

Reactions: Heavy_GD
1 - 4 of 4 Posts