Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much bigger is 6.0L intercooler? I know it is better than the 7.3L intercooler, the real question i have is if the 6.0L intercooler is about the same size of the spearco intercooler for the 7.3L?

·
Banned
722 Posts
spearco would be better. i think most 6.0's have plastic ends.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
How much bigger is 6.0L intercooler? I know it is better than the 7.3L intercooler, the real question i have is if the 6.0L intercooler is about the same size of the spearco intercooler for the 7.3L?
can anyone help?

Got to give it more then 15 minutes sometimes... LOL

spearco would be better. i think most 6.0's have plastic ends.
The spearco is bigger, and better, but also costs about 3 times more. IF you can get the 6.0 IC cheap, its a nice upgrade. But if your paying retail then skip it.

There is no real issue with the plastic end tanks until you get to the 50-60# range. I am hitting 50# with my 6.0 IC and dont really worry about it.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
sweet thanks guys i think that i am going with a 6.0 intercooler. i am just having real troubles with egts right now and need some options.

There is no way you should be having issues with EGT's with your mods... What kind of boost pressures are you running? What are your EGT's?

I saw less then a 50* drop in temps with a 6.0 IC swap...

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
well with my edge on stage 5 and at WOT i am seeing 1400+ in a short time without backing out of it. the highest i hit was 27 lbs of boost
that is way too hot for just a edge juice... when i had it on my truck years ago i never saw 1200 with it...

check your up pipes... also where do you have the EGT probe mounted... you have some other kind of problem going on with your truck

-raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my egt is mounted in the manifold just like it says to mount it in the manual, and according to everyone on here it is the right spot to mount it. what do you mean up pipes i am still learning, sorry. what else could be wrong with my truck.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so i have looked at my uppipes and they are not as bad as the picture but it is definetly starting to leak by alittle. will that cause my egts to be that high? i dont understand why wouldnt be that high, granted it is not a great deal of a horse power increase but it smokes like crazy which tells me that it is dumping a lot of fuel. I would think that would introduce high egts in my maniflod. Please someone correct me if i am wrong but i need help in lowering my egts, anything will help.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Your egts are high because you have exhaust leaks and big tires. Add to that you probably also have boost leaks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i have replaced all of my intercooler boots to hopefully cure a boost leak but nothing had changed on my boost ratings or egts. My egts are still high at wot. What else could be causing this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts