Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay a guy at work needs a Hpop put in his 05 6.0l i was wondering how hard and how longe it takes

Matt

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

Matt

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
isn't it under warranty???

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no

Matt

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Is anyone even working on modded HPOPS for these things? The only ones that I have ever seen have been custom jobs.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
dieselsite (I believe) has the "pulse" HPOP. Its a high performance rebuilt single set up. Sorry I have no idea on how easy or hard it is to replace it. Being in the back of the motor on a 6.0, I'd say it'd be hard.

·
Banned
0 Posts
The turbo has to come out first, but after that I don't think it's all that difficult.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Turbo has to come out and possibly the intake manifold I'm not sure if the Hpop cover bolts are under the intake or if you can get to them without taking it off. I'll look at some pictures when I get home and try and see

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well thats more than i wanted to get into

thanks

Matt

·
Registered
121 Posts
On the 04(maybe 03 sorry dont know when the engines changed in fords) and new engines you dont have to pull the intake just the turbo and pedistal. The pump cover is kindof a pain to get past the y pipe and egr cooler but it can be done. The three bolts on the right side of the cover have to stay in the cover till you clear the egr cooler so be carfull not to drop them inside the engine. In our trucks its about a 3-4 hour job but cant say how long it would take in a ford

·
Registered
9 Posts
replacing pump

The turbo does indeed need to come off, as well as the turbo pedistal. It can be done without pulling the intake but it takes practice. If you have never done it before it could take as long as a weekend. Having done them before and knowing the ins and outs it can be done much faster.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an 05 F250 PSD CC SB and had to take my truck into the dealership for a HPOP TSB. Ford made a bracket for it so it doesnt back off and start leaking. If it does start to leak then when you fully warm up your truck it wont start back up it until it cools down. It was a pain in the a&& but no problems since. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
11 Posts
HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP? WHYA RE YOU REPLACING IT? I HAVE SEEN 1 GO BAD OUT OF MANY HUNDREDS. I WOULD SUGGEST PUTING 12V POWER TO IPR AND CHECKING FOR AIR LEAKS...ADAPTERS AVAILABLE TO TAP INTO ICP SENSOR ON PASS SIDE VALVE COVER LISTEN FOR LEAKS. MOST LIKEY A STANDPIPE OR A SNAP TO CONNECT FITTING. THE PUMP IS RELATIVELY EASY TO REMOVE. REMOVE TURBO (TIME IS ALL DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE TURBO BOLTS ARE SIEZED) THEN LOOSEN THE MANIFOLD TO TURBO EXHAUST PIPES. AND THE SHIELD. REMOVE TURBO PEDISTAL. THE COVER CAN BE REMOVED WITH GREAT CARE NOT LOSE THE BOLTS THAT ARE UNDER THE COOLER ( 5/16 WRENCH THEM OUT BTW) THEN YOU ARE THERE. USE GREAT CARE AND KEEP DIRT OUT OF THE ENINE AND DONT DROP BOLTS OR ANYTING IN THE HOLE. THAT IS YOUR CAMSHAFT YOU SEE! GOOD LUCK!

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
If this is still needing to be done, let me know...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry guys for not getting back he had a warrenty i tryed to tell him that he did he toke it to the dealer they replaced the fittings put it all back together and still did it so they replaced the pump it is fine know

Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts