Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 324 Posts

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,903 Posts
Toren302!
So would you try the Felpro if you were doing HG'S tomorrow? ?

And special thanks to the folks who did all the work!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:
I haven't had a come back or an issue with the BD gaskets. Most of the trucks leave with an SPD tune.in them and still no issues. For now I'll stick with the BD gaskets. I also her the gaskets in an all in one gasket kit with studs. It is cheaper that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yah just be careful....the online "solution kits" don't come with everything needed and cost more. The kits I get are from Alliant power and come with EVERYTHING including the studs and lube to do the job. Just need pushrods and good to go.
why the need for different / new pushrods ? THANKS :dunno:

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,903 Posts
why the need for different / new pushrods ? THANKS :dunno:
They have been "updated" to the 6.4 pushrods which are shorter. The 6.0 rods are at maximum length from the factory. If the heads are sent for decking they will cause piston to valve contact if a lifter pumps up. The shorter rods prevent this. GET THE PUSH RODS!! They are like 8bucks a piece and cheap insurance on a $8k motor to not have to rip it back down.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
They have been "updated" to the 6.4 pushrods which are shorter. The 6.0 rods are at maximum length from the factory. If the heads are sent for decking they will cause piston to valve contact if a lifter pumps up. The shorter rods prevent this. GET THE PUSH RODS!! They are like 8bucks a piece and cheap insurance on a $8k motor to not have to rip it back down.
Thanks, appreciate the insight. I know it comes with some serious problems that you have encountered hehe

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wonder how the Felpro coolant passage hole size compares with the coolant passage size in the heads and block. If it were the same size it would be fine. I have seen many head-gaskets that the hole sizes were larger than they need to be. I assume so that their would be no restrictions if something was off a little.

You put a lot of work into this and i"m sure its appreciated by everyone including me.

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts
opk just a couple points here
1)
awesome right up and research thanks SO much for doing this.
side note i am very interested to see if anyone has an extra set of heads lying around so we can check the fel pro coolant passage against the actual head as mentioned above. I know i have used fel pro on gassers fro decades with no problems but...these are certainly a different animal
and
2)
4 PAGES OF COMMENTS AND NOT ONE MENTION OF THE FREAKIN TANK OUT SIDE YOUR KITCHEN WINDOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
SERIOUSLY?
:shrug:

Reactions: waggonerj

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
opk just a couple points here
1)
awesome right up and research thanks SO much for doing this.
side note i am very interested to see if anyone has an extra set of heads lying around so we can check the fel pro coolant passage against the actual head as mentioned above. I know i have used fel pro on gassers fro decades with no problems but...these are certainly a different animal
and
2)
4 PAGES OF COMMENTS AND NOT ONE MENTION OF THE FREAKIN TANK OUT SIDE YOUR KITCHEN WINDOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
SERIOUSLY?
:shrug:
I want to correct your grammar so badly, but I'll be nice... :)

Most of them know a comment like that will get them squished by said tank. ;) :haha:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts

·
california deplorable
11,263 Posts
I am aware my grammar and punctuation are atrocious.
Sorry about that.
When I was in high school, I thought i would NEVER write anything again. So i blasted through all my english credits my first two years then coasted on wood shop, ceramics, metal shop, guitar class...etc.
my wife rides me on the subject as well and i am sorry for my blatant disregard and lack of caring, during my formative years :tard: and apparently, beyond :hehe:
also for my wifes lack of presence on here, as she would be all too happy, to point out my grammatical shortcomings :hehe:

All I really learned in college was if you put forward an idea to your professor, they are more likely to plagiarize your ideas for promotion in the department than give credit and I was already earning more money than them so...

SO back on track I will have to do studs sometime soon, somehow....
someone needs to check out those fel pro passages and make sure they line up right, which i suspect, they will, but i should very much like to know for certain. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Man... this is tough. I am just about to start ordering parts to put my new motor back together (still shooting for a 700hp DD that still tows). I was gonna do Black diamond with orings... but now these felpro gaskets are tempting. I wish there was more real world experience.

·
'consent of the governed'
5,772 Posts
Man... this is tough. I am just about to start ordering parts to put my new motor back together (still shooting for a 700hp DD that still tows). I was gonna do Black diamond with orings... but now these felpro gaskets are tempting. I wish there was more real world experience.
You, sir, are a mad man. I like that. Fortune favors the bold.

·
'consent of the governed'
5,772 Posts
To the man that goes by the moniker of john galt, and anyone else, no biggie. It's just hard to read.

Editing is tough when you have something to say right now. But it's worth it. I type with 4 fingers (so far), so it's not easy.

I forgot that once.....once. Well, probably more than that, but the point stands.

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,903 Posts
The shop owner in me says to stick to what's been proven so far.....but the guy who was the first on this forum to try the BD gaskets in his 6.0 says give the FP's a shot. Hope that helps you:hehe:

41 - 60 of 324 Posts