Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 324 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
That was done so well that even I could understand it. :clap:
That right there is how you know you have done some solid work...

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Pure Awesomeness. Answers alot of questions

Reactions: Ford diesel girl

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,903 Posts
DANG IT!!!!

You beat me to this Pinky!!! I have all the gaskets at the shop sitting there going to do the same exact thing, but been way to busy to care about it. I have been saying since the BD gaskets came out that they were same as Ford and was even the first guy on this forum to try them in my 6.0. I was met with all the wonderful crap from the "OE" ONLY crowd, but stuck to my guns. Maybe now people will stop recommending paying an additional 150bucks for some cardboard and ford sticker...........

Also....

GLAD THIS IS STUCK!!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,951 Posts
DANG IT!!!!

You beat me to this Pinky!!! I have all the gaskets at the shop sitting there going to do the same exact thing, but been way to busy to care about it. I have been saying since the BD gaskets came out that they were same as Ford and was even the first guy on this forum to try them in my 6.0. I was met with all the wonderful crap from the "OE" ONLY crowd, but stuck to my guns. Maybe now people will stop recommending paying an additional 150bucks for some cardboard and ford sticker...........

Also....

GLAD THIS IS STUCK!!!!
You forgot the free set of paperweights that come included with the OE set :nod:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
DANG IT!!!!

Also....

GLAD THIS IS STUCK!!!!
:haha: It was making me crazy, so we did something about it! :)

Great info Pinky! Love it!
Thanks, sugar! :)

You forgot the free set of paperweights that come included with the OE set :nod:
:hehe:

·
Administrator
32,970 Posts
now when can we expect a chemical analysis of the Black Vs Blue sealant ?

because my eyes tell me the BD and OEM are not "Identical "

I suspect the OEM Blue is a far superior and proprietary composition

:haha::nod::sofa:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks for the effort put into this write up. Almost makes me wish I would have ordered the fel-pro gaskets..... oh well, there's always next time right!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well it has been much needed info for a lot of people. I think at this point most of them are pretty much the same with the exception of the felpro, the problem I have with any "testing" is there is no way to test them in a real world application. However this info gives people a good baseline to make an informed decision based off of their build and hp goals in mind.
Someone do a build with one Felpro and one BD/OEM?

What about heads that have O-rings? Will the Felpro gasket reduce the effectiveness of two otherwise identical O-ring setups due to a larger head-block gap caused by the thicker fire ring?

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,903 Posts
Someone do a build with one Felpro and one BD/OEM?
What about heads that have O-rings? Will the Felpro gasket reduce the effectiveness of two otherwise identical O-ring setups due to a larger head-block gap caused by the thicker fire ring?
The only real way to make this work would be to take the motor to HG failure and see which one holds up, and even then it would have to be MULTIPLE times.

I don't think the felpro will limit effectiveness at all. In fact it might be more effective, as now there is a dual o-ring set up for sealing. The rings are designed to crush when torqued, and if allowed will crush more then the gasket. Therefore the rings wont limit anything really besides combustion gasses from escaping.

21 - 40 of 324 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.