Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My truck is having some issues starting. When ever the truck sits for over a day (doesnt matter if it's summer or winter) it won't start unless it's plugged in or gets a lil' squirt of quickstart. Even after the truck is warm it takes longer than it should to fire.

I've checked the FICM (voltage test) and even had the batteries load tested and everything was fine in that dept. I took it by my local Ford dealer one day as a friend works there and nothing came up on the scan tool. He even went in to make sure the injectors, FICM, and glow plugs are working properly and they are. Fresh filters in her and I am running the 10w30. Just remember, this truck starts like new when it's plugged in so i'm figuring it's not a high oil pressure issue.

Any guesses? :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Since your friend did all that testing did he do a actual compression test of the cylinders?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, i don't believe so. You think it could be a head gasket problem? It isn't losing any coolant.... :dunno:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must add, this starting issue only started after the truck was parked for about 1.5 months with out starting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts