Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an engine squeak that's recently started. I took a video of it:

F250 engine squeak? by Daniel Odio-Paez on Socialcam - Jul 27

Anyone have an idea if it's a belt issue, or something else?

Also, I just recently bought this truck and noticed that a wiring harness was cut out (I also point out in the video above) and I'm wondering if anyone knows what those wires are from. here's a picture of the harness that was cut:

·
Administrator
31,405 Posts
I thought I had ugly feet

:rofl:

belt squeak.. I would try some liquid soap rubbed on the belt .. both sides ,, let it dry and fire it up ,,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL yeah I'm definitely not a foot model.

OK so... are you saying that the harness might be something completely separate fromt eh cut wires in the engine bay (that I mention in the video)?

·
Registered
427 Posts
LOL yeah I'm definitely not a foot model.

OK so... are you saying that the harness might be something completely separate fromt eh cut wires in the engine bay (that I mention in the video)?
The harness ur holding is for trailer brakes that plugs in underside of dash on driver's side. The wires under the hood are pass thru wires for whatever , just so u will have wires already thru firewall. Not hooked up on either end.

·
Administrator
31,405 Posts
I didn't watch the video .. but every Powerstroke newbie freaks out over the pass through wires ford was nice enough to install for us to use as we please

1 - 6 of 6 Posts