Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of you are familiar with the 6.0L Diesel Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis Service Manual or PC/ED. Anyone who has one of these knows that it's the shiite. For those who do not, I'll describe it briefly.

You know that one time when your brother was really drunk and he told you A) there is a Brake Pressure Applied switch on your 6.0 and B) how to effectively troubleshoot it? That came from the PC/ED.

Remember that other time when your great uncle - on his death bed - told you how to do a KAM reset? That also... well... you get the idea.
_______

I have had a paper copy for a while. I like things in electronic format, though. So, I bought a second copy, cut it up, and sheet-fed scanned it. Due to document size, I have it broken into sections. Due to size and attachment file count limitations, I will attach the individual files over (hopefully) the next two posts.

You will see:

PCED 2004 - Section 0A - Introduction and Preface.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 1A - Description and Operation.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 2A - Diagnostic Methods.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 3A - Symptom Charts.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 4A - Diagnostic Subroutines.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 5A - Pinpoint Tests.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 5B - Pinpoint Tests.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 5C - Pinpoint Tests.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 6A - Reference Values.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 7A - Metrics and Conclusion.pdf

If I had to choose the most important section, it would be the pinpoint tests of Section 5. There is so much that's good in here, it is kinda hard to choose, though.
_______

For the mods...
I tried to post this in the tech data section, but I got the error message shown:

If you can move it there, that'd be great. ...and I promise to never try to post there again. Sheesh.
_______

Here are the qualifiers for anyone using the PC/ED that I scanned:

1. I believe that this document - being out of print - is able to be duplicated without issue. If you are overly squeamish in a copyright sense, do not so much as cast your eyes in the direction of these documents.
  2. The PC/ED is for the late MY2004 and the information contained reflects that. Don't look too hard for the EGR throttle plate on your 2006.
  3. The book was printed on - basically - tissue paper. That meant that the scans had to be light or the backing page would show through. It also made for crooked scans. It is what it is.
Seeing as I am posting it in the middle of the night, I will probably bump it a couple of times until I think that it has seen the light of day to a sufficient degree.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Attached below you will find:

PCED 2004 - Section 0A - Introduction and Preface.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 1A - Description and Operation.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 2A - Diagnostic Methods.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 3A - Symptom Charts.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 4A - Diagnostic Subroutines.pdf

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Attached below you will find:

PCED 2004 - Section 5A - Pinpoint Tests.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 5B - Pinpoint Tests.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 5C - Pinpoint Tests.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 6A - Reference Values.pdf
PCED 2004 - Section 7A - Metrics and Conclusion.pdf

If you notice any errors (e.g., missing pages or pages out-of-order) please let me know.

Attachments

·
california deplorable
10,625 Posts
that rocks thank you :thumb:
btw when i try to say thanks i get this...

john galt, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

so i will just say thanks man that will likely save a number of folks some time in the future...
now what is different on my early vs your late 04? :look:
I used to know that :tard:

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that rocks thank you :thumb:
btw when i try to say thanks i get this...

john galt, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

so i will just say thanks man that will likely save a number of folks some time in the future...
You are very welcome.

I actually was getting the same error as you. The original error was boring, though, so I changed it. There's nothing better than - just for a moment - having an admin wonder "Where in the hell is the code that caused *that*?!" It makes them feel appreciated!

Thing is... My error made sense because the tech docs area is restricted. You shouldn't be having problems giving thanks, though. Maybe @AG Jeff can take a look at it for you.

now what is different on my early vs your late 04? :look:
I used to know that :tard:
Ya know... for the purposes of the PC/ED Manual, there are no differences other than the EGR throttle plate thing. My wording could've been better. The doc is for my late 2004, yes, but it is for all 2004s, inclusively.

In terms of physical differences, it's EGR coolers and rails and ICP sensor location and EBP sensor mounting and things like that. Nothing pertinent to the book, though.

Reactions: john galt

·
Administrator
29,328 Posts
the rules for the tech exchange http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/what/174536-all-about-tech-exchange.html

are 6 years old and as you can see the forum is full of junk post

it should really be eliminated altogether imo this is much better as a sticky in the 6.0 area

what do ya think ?

EDIT looks like it is a sticky and John I get that same error message occasionally when trying to leave a thanks
ZMANN, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it to the original idea about the area. Didn't know that.

I'm with you, @ZMANN. I all for the mods deciding which threads get waterwings. Much more sensible outcome that way!

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have combined all the files into a single 6.2MB PDF file as well as straightened up the pages and made the text searchable.

I cannot upload the file but if the moderators want to contact me I can send the file as a single download

·
Registered
522 Posts
They all d/loaded fine for me.
Awesome, thanks so much. My 6.0 folder is getting fatter.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Files are showing a broken image. Could you reupload?
They all d/loaded fine for me. ...
They still all download fine for me, too. Maybe try a different device or something, @Tie Starr .

I have combined all the files into a single 6.2MB PDF file as well as straightened up the pages and made the text searchable.

I cannot upload the file but if the moderators want to contact me I can send the file as a single download
That sounds great.

The site does have a PDF size limit that's around 5.2MB. I don't believe that there is any way around that beyond a change by the administrators. Maybe the quickest solution is breaking up into two files.

... Awesome, thanks so much. My 6.0 folder is getting fatter. ...
Glad that it is helpful.

Reactions: ZMANN

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you able to share a link for the PC/ED manual? I've hit a wall on my truck and am down to the CKP signal - I have the shop manual but refers me back to the PC/ED for testing the circuit. Truck is a 2004 (Early) f250 6.0. just bulletproofed and runs great until you go to re-start :(

Many Thanks!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts