Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to do some research concerning my situation. My 6.0 started running missing, so I filled up with diesel to ensure I wasn't running out. Then the truck wouldn't start. My secondary fuel filter has fuel in the bowl. At key on my FMP is 47, my IPR is 14.8, my ICP is 8, and my ICV is .25.
While cranking- FMP has slight increase, IPR goes into the 50s, ICP is around 1600, and I have SYN.
All of this is shown on my scan gauge.
Fuel pump and filters have been done in the last 2,500 miles, new batteries. Injectors were done in the last 25,000 miles. Any help or advice is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Injectors doing the self test clicking at key on? Any smoke out the exhaust?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes injectors sound good. They are even all the way through the cycle. After cranking on it to get the readings you can smell smoke. Definitely not a heavy amount of smoke

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Fuel pressure should be gauged, but in the meantime you could see how quick the upper fuel bowl will fill up

Will your monitor show injector pulse width? -- that is an indicator of the electrical part asking for fuel -- still need charge pressure to get fuel into the injectors tho

Forscan is an inexpensive tool that would show more of the workings than the scangauge

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel pressure should be gauged, but in the meantime you could see how quick the upper fuel bowl will fill up

Will your monitor show injector pulse width? -- that is an indicator of the electrical part asking for fuel -- still need charge pressure to get fuel into the injectors tho

Forscan is an inexpensive tool that would show more of the workings than the scangauge
Ok. I am going out to work on it later today. I will get back to you

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,062 Posts
Also need to show cranking ICP volts along with the ICP pressure and IPR % duty cycle.

·
5,062 Posts
Is the .25 volts at Key On, or when cranking?

If it is when cranking (what was requested), then it is not a good number.

·
5,062 Posts
It should not bounce that much. IMO the wiring is suspect (or maybe the sensor)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts